GOOD RELIABLE MECHANIC NEEDED IN SF,CA

I am looking for a good mechanic for my poor car. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. I am a retiree that does need to pay good money for bad or no service. I have an air condition and stalling problems.<BR>A leak they can't find and had paid over $500 already. A stalling problem driving around town after a mile and coming to a stop. HELP! I NEED YOUR INPUT AND HELP!<BR>I really appreciated your comments. Now, I'm afraid to drive it. confused.gif" border="0annaj1@home.com <B>GOOD RELIABLE MECHANIC NEEDED</B>

Since you're in Moraga, I'm not sure if you want to take your car all the way to SF, but you did ask for a mechanic in SF. I've been taking my cars to Auto Service Center on Otis for ten years and they always do a great job on my Reatta and the various Corvettes that I have owned. They're located where South Van Ness meets Mission, next door to the glass company. They're open M-F, closed weekends. Ask for Mike, he's the owner and a great guy. I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

I took my car into San Francisco on Thursday and they are still looking into it. Hope they could correct the problems. Thanks much for your help. It is so frustrating not to know where to go for good help.

Bob, I called Mike and they cann't find anything wrong with my car. Said he & his guys been driving it around and nothing happen. Both the A/C and no stalling on the car. He asked me to pick it up to see if it happen again. My husband pick it up today. As he was approaching the on ramp to Hwy 80 toward Oakland the lights started to come on so he stepped on the gas to prevent it from dying. As you know that is not far from the shop. I don't know what I should do now. Any suggestions? Seems like it just happen when you first drive the car for the day after being park over night. shocked.gif" border="0

I am glad to see some SF information on the forum. I used to use Don Collins Buick in Corte Madera, but since selling Buicks in Marin is a no win proposition the dealership was transfered to Novato which is inconvenient and the new dealer has a reputation for high cost. Does anyone have current information on Don Collins operation since he gave up the dealership? Also any other SF resources for service and repair would be appreciated. Like someone who could fix the tape deck. Thanks to all.