Electrical not starting after installing new battery

I have a 91 Conv Reatta with 6200 miles or 10252 KM. I do not drive it to much to say the least. I just installed my 3rd battery in the 10 years that I have owned it from new. I just put in the battery and drove 60 miles the first day no problems. the 3rd day I drove 40 miles. I was just returning home and rolled into the garage it started to die. While driving I notice that the radio stated to gurgle and crack. When I was in the garage it died as I was parking it. I could not start it again. The SRI Lite came one AirBAGS and Service Engine soon when it died. I then decided to put a charge on it over nite. Guess what it started. I have not driven it yet and intend to ask the question at the garage. Could it be a bad battery or can someone suggest a problem?<B>null</B>

A couple of things come to mind. Are You keeping it charged up or discnnecting the battery when You park it? If not Your battery is getting pretty low between running.Battereies do not like to be ran down a lot then charged. This was the reason they came out with deep cycle batterys for troling motors. Also I would have Your charging voltage checked. Good luck.

Thank you, I have disconected the battery every year but not charged it during that time. I have not had a charger on it when parked and not driving it. I will ask.

Sounds like you were running on<BR>battery power. The alternator on<BR>the Reatta is 125 amps.,so do a<BR>simple test. Step one charge the <BR>battery. 2) start the car <BR>3)disconnect the negative {Ground}<BR> If the car dies the alternator is<BR> not charging. If it continues to run<BR> the regulator is not putting out<BR> enough DC for the battery.