Defroster Grill 88'

Guest Brad Gales

Guest Brad Gales

Apparently, the defroster grill is still available for anyone out there that has broken it during the replacement of the inverter in the dash. The gmpart # is 1648154. My total cost with shipping was $12.31. The one I received was already blue and actually has three holes that allow access to the screws that hold the dash panel to the top of the dash. i.e., you don't have to remove the defroster grill to remove the top dash panel.

Do you happen to know if this is the same grill used in a 1990...? Where can I order this grill from..?<P>Thanks,<BR>Newbie Reatta Owner<BR>bcp@email.com

Brad,<P>Thank you.. The 90 grill is different from the 88. I was able to find it at the link you gave me. It was $9.31 plus shipping.. <P>Thanks again,<BR>BCP

Guest wally888

The Grille is held in by numerous catches that look like 1/2 frog gigs or 1/2 of the trailing edge of an arrowhead. They lock under the edge of the Pad. <BR> I foung the Grille harder to install than to remove.<BR> In either case you must pry or collaspe the outer edge inward, to get the catches to clear the Pad edge.<BR> The article at FAQ, reatta.net, describes exactly where these and the Dash Pad catches are located.<BR> If the rattle is caused by looseness even tho the Grille is in place, you might , after identifying the exact location of the rattle, be able to push a small shim of rubber, something, between the Grille lip and the base underneath.

Guest jim_houston

Hi,<BR>Interesting topic. I have a 90 and my defroster grill has recently started to vibrate just a little. When I push on it, it seems to be fine, but after a bump or two, it starts to rattle again. Nothing severe, just annoying. It's only done it now for about a month. Did someone possibly break something? Like my daughter when she washed the inside windsheild? She won't admit to doing anything like that obviously... ;-)<BR>But I wondered if maybe I could tighten it up by taking the glove box apart. I just don't want to waste too much of my time if you guys have experience in this.<BR>Thanks!<BR>Jim Houston

• 3 weeks later...