1990 Reatta Service Manual

After a quick weekend fix to our 1990 coupe with some fast help from member Padgett, we've decided it's time to buy a service manual. A used one would be great but a new one will work too.....if I have no used offers. Where are the best deals...and who should we be dealing with???

Go to Helm's publications and you can get a new Reatta shop manual or owners' manual for the best price around. If you go to ebay you will pay more than the going retail price.<P>Good Luck<BR>Will<BR>PS<BR>I am a car salesman and use this service quite often. grin.gif" border="0

Agree Helm will have it for $90+s&h would suggest calling Don at factoryautomanuals or checking <A HREF="http://www.factoryautomanuals.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?Make=12&Year=1990&Model=57&Page=1&x=67&y=18" TARGET=_blank>http://www.factoryautomanuals.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?Make=12&Year=1990&Model=57&Page=1&x=67&y=18</A> <P>Right now they have the "preliminary" (shorter than "final" but still useful) for $20.<P>1990 is a special year with the new dash but SPI engine so is different from any other ('91 is als unique, '88/'89 are similar except for engine mounts and console switches.<P>Along with a FSM, it is a good idea to have a copy of the P&I (parts and illustrations) for a later year than your car. You want one for the Buick "E" series. 1989-1993 all mention the Reatta on the cover. '93 was the last paper edition. <P>'88 does not mention the Reatta on the cover but includes the "E97" model - for that reason the '88 P&I is often underpriced (but includes only 1988 and does not have superceeded part numbers (like the oil pressure sensor).

I just received the 90 "Preliminary" Service Manual. Is there much difference between it and the "Final" version? Do you think I should get the "final" version? I do all my own repair work. Not worried about the drive train, but concerned about the electronics etc in the "Preliminary" service manual. smile.gif" border="0

Would need to examine/compare that specific manual but often a "preliminary" only contains the differences from the previous year and is often considerably shorter - is more of a supplement - than the "final" which is a stand-alone.