2002 A.G.N.M. Date?

It is somewhat early and I will direct my question to Headquarters via phone. For expediency: I noticed in the Mar/Apr Antique Automobile, that, the 2002 A.G.N.M. dates are November 1-2, 2002 in New Bern, NC.<BR> According to the rule book, A.G.N.M.'s are to be held in July/August.<P>Was this a typo, or, a correct listing?<P>Regards, Peter J.

heizmann,<P>I'm guessing that it was not a typo! I inquired about the 2002 AGNM last year at a couple national meets including Hershey. I was told that it was November 1 & 2 for 2002.<P>I am also interested in knowing why it is not in July/August as per the rules.<P>John<P>------------------<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI> 1974 Monte Carlo S<BR><LI> 1986 Monte Carlo SS<BR></UL>

The dates in November are correct. The Board fo Directors approved the change at the request of the host Region - it was done to move us out of hurricane season. After dodging the bullet twice there for National Meets it was felt advisable to go with the later date. <BR>Terry Bond<BR>VP, National Activities.

According to a schedule in my posession which was issued by National HQ, those dates are correct. It appears to have received final approval by the Board on 10-8-00. That<BR>would have been at the Hershey Board meeting, so I guess that is the official date.<P>I know what the guidelines say, but it is sometimes better to bend the guidelines when someone really wants to put on a Grand National than not to have one at all. Besides, would you want to attend a Grand National in that part of NC in July or August?<P>A few years ago a GN was held in Tucson in May. Again, temperatures in July-Aug. were the reason. ~ hvs<P> smile.gif Terry, you beat me by a minute. smile.gif<p>[This message has been edited by hvs (edited 04-15-2001).]

I was at the New Bern show that just missed the hurricanes. For those inland, you mess with them. If I remember correctly the week before the last national show there, A hurricane went up the coast, missing New Bern and the week after the show Floydd flooded eastern North Carolina. It's better that the show date is out of hurricane season.

But July and the first half of August, while they are technically in Hurricane season aren't prime months. End of August through mid October are though.<BR>Even Novemeber 1 & 2 are tecnically in Hurricane season, just outside the prime part of it.<BR>So I guess I dont understand the logic.<BR>Bill