I hope this scares you as much as it did me.

Hi All,

We don't have many TC owners around these parts, Austin Tx, so I was happy to have a local guy contact me because he had heard about the upgrade project I'm in the middle of and wanted to meet me and the tech. We set it up but he didn't show because he didn't want to "bore" his GF, after she was on a plane back home 4 hours after we had finished, he calls wants to come over and meet. If I had a life I wouldn't have said yes but I did.

A couple of hours after he arrived and we hummed and hawed inspecting the cars and reading paper we noticed how badly checked his under hood EFI fuel hoses were. Now that's one of the first things I learned reading about the TC and one of the hardest items I searched for, I finally found it in the last place I looked a NAPA store, I bought a box 10' of each 5/16" and 1/4" along with 6 sets of clamps. We cut off 16" of each and 2 clamps per size and he changed them that evening when the car had cooled down. We exchanged emails again today, I pasted his response:

I definitely would like to be there. I did replace the fuel lines, just in time. When I pulled the old one off it was leaking fuel already. My ac needs some work, so hopefully when he is done with your car he can add some Freon and check the idle.

Give me a call anytime!

Talk to you later .

John

WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU REPLACED YOUR UNDER HOOD EFI FUEL HOSE AND CLAMPS???????

Wish I had a girl friend.

Rick D parted out a 16V car that died from and engine fire...

I have parted out an 8V turbo TC from and engine fire...

I have seen DOZENS ot FWD turbo Chrysler/Dodges in the J-yards from an underhood fire...

New fuel lines every 5 or so years are a MUST...

Alan

• 2 weeks later...