New to the forum

Guest V8andahalf

Guest V8andahalf

Hi all, just picked up a rough 41LZ sedan after having a 46 Ford Business Coupe for a few years. A STEP UP! Lots to learn here and will be asking those newby questions till I get the hang of it!

Welcome aboard, Jim! You'll find that some very knowledgeable folks respond to questions on this forum. May I also suggest that you join the Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club? There is an on-line membership form on the web site at: www.lzoc.org

Now, here's your first question:

I recently bought a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr convertible coupe out of upstate New York, but the car had Oregon license plates on it. Since the Lincoln Zephyr world isn't that big, do you remember seeing anything about this car in Oregon around 2000 - 2003?

Pictures of the car at: http://community.webshots.com/album/73152974bRlXIf

Thanks,

Guest V8andahalf

Phil.... Thanks for the welcome! In answer to your question; no I don't recall the convertible coupe during that time period. I had my head deep into the 46 Ford Coupe I was working on at that time. I have the application for the LZOC and PNWR on my desk and filled out ready to send in.

BTW: If it had a period license plate (1939 OR)in good shape it is worth about $80 - $85. I just picked up a 1941 OR plate for my LZ for the upper figure. I now have an extra set of current OR Tree plates (ZEPHER) that I will make a good deal for someone if they are interested.

Jim