Brake line

I was looking in some books on recalls and I saw one for a "Left front brake hose or pipe that rubbed the cruise control" It was suppossed to be changed by the dealer and they were suppossed to put a decal on the radiator cross tie. Does anyone know how You can tell if this has been done to Your car?? I assume this was only for the 89's

Guest Reatta89

Believe you are refering to below. From what I recall it was for a select series of VIN numbers, not across the board: Two OF THE SAME bulletins appear below, note the 2nd bulletin that states (SOME 1989)<P>1 Service Bulletin Number: 89C6 <BR>Bulletin Sequence Number: 019<BR>Date of Bulletin: 8904<BR>NHTSA Item Number: SB006665 <BR>Make: BUICK<BR>Model: REATTA<BR>Year: 1989<BR>Component: BRAKES:HYDRAULIC:ANTI-SKID SYSTEM<BR>Summary: GENERAL MOTORS DETERMINED THAT DEFECT WHICH RELATES TO MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY IN S OME 1989 BUICK RIVIERA AND REATTA MODELS EQUIPPED WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM-IN VOLVED VEHICLES ASSEMBLED WITH LEFT FRONT BRAKE PIPE TOO CLOSE TO CRUISE CONTROL SERVO BRACKET-THIS COULD ALLOW LEFT FRONT BRAKE LINE TO CONTACT CRUISE CONTROL SERVO BRACKET-THIS CONTACT COULD ALLOW BRAKE LINE TO WEAR THROUGH, CAUSING LOSS OF BRAKING CAPABILITY-TO CORRECT THIS, DEALERS ARE TO REPLACE LEFT FRONT BRAKE PI PE ASSEMBLY ON ALL VEHICLES INVOLVED ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS IN TECHNICAL PROC EDURE SECTION OF THIS BULLETIN-PART NUMBER 3521577 PIPE ASSEMBLY, 1052535 BRAKE FLUID-ALL BUICK DEALERS/SERVICE MANAGERS CTW <P>2 Bulletin Number: 89C6<BR>GENERAL MOTORS DETERMINED THAT DEFECT WHICH RELATES TO MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY IN SOME 1989 BUICK RIVIERA AND REATTA MODELS EQUIPPED WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM-INVOLVED VEHICLES ASSEMBLED WITH LEFT FRONT BRAKE PIPE TOO CLOSE TO CRUISE CONTROL SERVO BRACKET-THIS COULD ALLOW LEFT FRONT BRAKE LINE TO CONTACT CRUISE CONTROL SERVO BRACKET-THIS CONTACT COULD ALLOW BRAKE LINE TO WEAR THROUGH, CAUSING LOSS OF BRAKING CAPABILITY-TO CORRECT THIS, DEALERS ARE TO REPLACE LEFT FRONT BRAKE PIPE ASSEMBLY ON ALL VEHICLES INVOLVED ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS IN TECHNICAL PROCEDURE SECTION OF THIS BULLETIN-PART NUMBER 3521577 PIPE ASSEMBLY, 1052535 BRAKE FLUID-ALL BUICK DEALERS/SERVICE MANAGERS CTW<P> <BR> null

I will have to look and see if I can see it rubbing on the cruise bracket. I was curious if anyone had seen the recall done and the tags applied