I have a hole in my fender!

Late last year, I was driving home in the dark on a drizzly, foggy night when a doe decided to commit suicide on my beloved '88 Reatta. She tore off my left headlight cover and then spun around and plunged her face right through the top of my fender. I picked up the piece that fits the hole. It's about 18" long by 6" high. How do I put it back? Somebody told me fiberglass resin won't work. What to do? I located an apparently cracked fender in a boneyard for $450. Not willing to do that. Mine's so nice, except for the hole.....

Paul if You do a search under parts there are a few places that sell Reatta parts. I have done business a couple of times with Jim Finn and have been very satisfied. Boy I bet everyone is tired of seeing Me say this. Seriously He is reasonable and parts are high quality. His address is jfinn@computerpro.com Ok Jim send My check!! (: Seriously I am not working for Him nor related!

A pefect used fender should set you back $200. The shop manual tells how to do plastic repairs and Buick introduced a video in 1988 explaining Reatta fender repair.<P>New fenders are about $400.

Thanks so much for the info. It really is a horrendous deformity. I bought the new headlight parts from the dealer but have not, as yet, bought "matching" paint so my car looks like some wounded cyclops. I'm going to make it a priority right after a new transmission.<P>Thanks Again!<P>Paul

I too have dealt wiith Jim in the past for various Reatta parts. I live in Canada and must say that Jim is as honest an ally in the Reatta world as an ally gets. Take my word (or typing) for it. While GM continues to discontine part after part for the Reatta, its good to know that Jim Finn is fighting the good fight south of my border. <BR>I'm not related to him either, just really glad I found him on this forum!<BR>Thanks Jim! <BR> smile.gif" border="0