Posted Photo's

Hi I'm Randy I'm new to this forum and I am learning daily from all of you guys, basically this is Packard 101 education for me. I have a website that I am building from scratch. I am currently collecting photos so I can create a Packard section on the site. My site is a pictorial history of the automobile. My question is do any of you gentlemen have a problem with me using your Photos for my site? If I get a resounding No then I will find another source for Photos. I thank you for your time reading this post. I commend all of you for helping to perserve the Packard Autombile History.

Randy_G

post-47253-143137904063_thumb.jpg

Randy, I can't speak for the others on this forum, but I would like to encourage you in your mission to make an informative website. The photo you have posted is probably the last car a Packard guy wants to see--those cars are red-headed stepchildren to most of us (it's a Studebaker badge-engineered "Packard", not a true Detroit Packard).I would use a 1932-1934 Packard "big car" as your mascot for "all that is good about Packard". My second piece of (cheap) advice is to double-reference any stats, facts or figures before posting on the web. A lot of this information is hard to support, and the web (and paper-books) are full of repeated, handed down errors. Once something appears in print it becomes gospel truth, correct or not. Someone once said that the internet is "like a great library where all of the books are strewn across the floor, totally unorganized". I would further add that those books on the floor have never had the benefit of an editor! good luck, keep us posted.

I viewed your site and it really looks like you've got something going there! I see that you are in Waxahachie. I'm just south of you in Waco so come on down for a visit sometime. Do you own any Packards or other old cars?

I appreciate your replies on this, as for old cars I would love to own all of them. But since I'm short on space and funds. I decided the best way to have all the cars I ever wanted was create a photo album or a web site and now I have both. When it comes to double checking a statistic I agree just taking it off the web would not be a good idea so I double check all the feature stories I post. The one old car I own is a 20 year old Monte Carlo SS. I changed the Packard photo attachment, I think this will be ok..LOL

Randy_G

• 2 weeks later...

I do ask everyone for permission before I use there stuff. There is a links page that has all the locations of photos I have on the site unless of coarse I took them myself. Thank you for your input Brian

Randy_G