Seek NJ resto shop

Seeking recommendations for honest New Jersey restoration shop. Full shop wanted. No backyard businesses. <P>Have several 60s muscle cars.<P>I was just ripped off by one of the big and famous NJ shops (take a guess which). They are good for total resto only and REALLY screw everyone else.<P>Example work needed: front end rebuild. Replace exhaust.<P>PLEASE HELP!<BR>No time to do it anymore.

Why are you going to a restoration shop toget mechanical work done on a 60's car?Any good mechanic can perform the 6tasks you mentioned

Thanks Phil ~ I was going to suggest a good frame/front end shop and a Midas shop earlier, but thought that might sound a bit flip. And you know me, I certainly wouldn't want to say anything controversial. rolleyes.gif hvs

Midas??? are you kidding? Those guys work on commission. I've seen them take a lot of people over the coals. I do have a reccommendation if you need a good restoration shop in N.J. Call Ed Symonds in Great Meadows 908- 637-8989. His dad started the business and he is a long time hobbiest. He does beautiful work and is great to deal with. Only problem is that he is very busy.

Al ~ What has commission to do with it. You go in, tell them exactly what work you want performed, and request a firm price for the job. <P>KNOW THE BUSINESS WHERE YOU ARE TAKING THE VEHICLE. You don't just go in and say, "Here, fix my car and call me when it's ready."<P>WE have a midas shop here in Cheyenne that does wonderful work and at FAIR prices. Maybe he is better than most, but you have to assume some responsibility in the transaction.<P>If you think Midas will be high, what do you think the labor rate at a restoration shop will be when you finally get in. A restoration shop for an exhaust system? Well maybe on your Duesenburg or Silver Ghost.<P>hvs