Studebaker-Packard Dealer building, Florence, Al

RO

Can't say, but probably not since all indications outside it is just made up various office suites. This building and another Hudson dealer east 40 miles in Athens which was rumored to have parts or at least signs apparently had already been picked over years ago. This particualr S-P dealer may have moved its operations from Florence, Al up the road to Lawrenceburg, Tn., which just a couple years ago all the parts and leftovers from that dealership were auctioned off over a two-day event. I went to that auction the first day, but there was no organization to the parts, just auctioned off a box or a table at time. I found nothing worth bidding on other than some NOS Studebaker sill plates we bought. Nothing '55-56 as I recall and for other parts, you'd have to know them or had a parts manual with you.

Guest dave327

RO. What was the address for that building? I had heard that there was another Barnett Motors in Florence and I even went to the library while I was at UNA to look in the archives to find an address but never had any luck. As for the location in Lawrenceburg and the auction, all I found as far as 55-56 parts was a few push rods, an NOS intake gasket set, an Ultramatic "CV" joint repair kit, and a manual brake master cylinder (which I will install on my 56 Clipper). I ended up buying several boxes of the other Packard parts and sold them at the Salado meet last April here in Texas so they were reditributed to some people who could use them. It was mostly all odds and ends for 30s through early 50s cars.

Dave, the front of the building is on Dr. Hicks Blvd. but the photo was taken of the back of the building that faces Alabama Street, although the back of the building is set back off Alabama Street maybe 50 yards. The back of the building can easily be seen from the south of the courthouse.