Touchscreen problem

In own a 88 Reatta that has had touch screen problems for a couple of years. I replaced screen on 2 occassions but it still does not illuminate. I remember where the instrument/radio controls are so I just touch that part of the screen where it would be. Does anyone know it there is a relay or something else that might have to be replaced in order to get the screen to light up. The car still runs great with 200,000 miles on but I'm driving "blind" and would like to finally fix the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did the replacements you installed come from a junkyard? Mine was dead for a year and I just replaced it with a JY part but I tested it first.

• 4 weeks later...

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, SCREEN (CRT) WILL NOT LIGHT. HAVE YOU COME UP WITH A SOLUTION,<BR>CAN YOU HELP, <P>THANKS,<BR>JFORR123@AOL.COM

You can give United Radio a call their # is 1 800 448 0944 or Autotronics,their # is 1 800 446 2880 Either one should be able to help.<BR>Tony

The problem could also be the Cathode Ray Tube Controller (CRTC) it is located behind the front of the console on the drivers side.<BR>The function of this unit is to illuminate the CRT. <BR>I have 9 Reatta parts cars and have a good used CRTC as well as the CRT.<BR>You can e-m me at jfinn@computerpro.com