New/best source for V8 tune-up parts?

Jack_Vines

Greetings, All,

Have run out of my stash of NOS tune-up parts and need advice. Am building six V8s at present and need a good wholsesale source for tune-up parts ( distributor cap, rotor, points, condensor, spark plugs ) These are just Delco and Autolite parts, so not really rare, but since they are no longer in the current books, my local source can't/won't find them for me.

Also, if you have newer interchange listings, I would appreciate your sharing them.

thnx, jv.

Guest BigKev

Napa lists almost everything for a regular tune-up. There computer systems go back as far a 55 on the Packards. Also Autozone has listing for those also.

My NAPA store wants full list and wants to order each part separately. Was checking if anyone still has the kit with all the small parts under one number. That the current repro parts have aluminum posts in the distributor is only a deal-breaker if there are brass ones avavailable elsewhere. Has anyone found new caps with brass posts?

thnx, jv.

Have obtained all caps, rotors, condensers, points, distributor leads, etc. from CarQuest. I believe these are listed on the "living thread" parts interchangeability Keith started for us way back when. Should be able to do a search to find them. Between CarQuest and NAPA I have bene able to find all these parts, usually in stock.

Again, yes, Packard used very common Autolite and Delco distributors. The parts are still in the book at full list price. Back in the bad old days, we used to be able to get a tune-up kit with everything under one number. We were able to buy a bunch and get wholesale pricing. This is why I hadn't needed to buy any for years. Since I need six kits, all the little stuff adds up to a big number one-at-a-time-full-retail.

FWIW, went through my shelves carefully and found some loose parts: three Autolite and two Delco sets of points, one Autolite cap, two condensors and no plugs. Buying the rest two or three at a time, I ended up paying $10 and $12 for caps, $6 and $8 for rotors. You know it is inflation, when it comes out to $35 for cap, rotor, points and condensor.

thnx, jv.

thnx, jv.