Yuck, Transport Blues!!!!

Well its 2:30 pm here and while I was promised delivery at 8am, I still have no car! She (Linda) tells me she pushes her drivers hard, but If I was allowed to spend three days to go from St Lois to York PA I wouldnt think I was being pushed. The latest from the Where the hell is this guy catagorie comes to us from Morgantown WV. That is the latest place we have tracked Dusty to so far. I now find myself pacing as I look out my window in hopes of a truck with old cars pulling up the road towards my home. Can mirages happen outside the desert? Every car I look at now seems to be a 41 chrysler, I think I need rest and some good medication. As always, I'll keep you all updated!<P>Rick

If it were only 4 1/2 hours away from my house, I'd be tempted to borrow a trailer and head on out and get it....<P>Best of luck. I hope the next time I check in you have the car.

I'm guessing that most of the DFer's have not driven from WV to York PA. If the trucker comes further North and comes across I-70 there must be at least two dozen seperate construction zones on the way.....just don't want Rick expecting a 7:30 arrival. But then again, why would Rick expect anything at this point. Still watching I-70 in PA just in case he comes this way. <P>I'm anxious for Rick to get his car....but what are we going to do on this DF after it arrives? Is there a DF withdrawl program that we can sign up for?<P>John grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: harveyj ]

Rick ~ It sounds like he is following my old route from St Louis as far as Hagerstown. He will then either have to take I81 to Harrisburg and then I83 back down to York, or go cross country direct. From what you have posted last night and today it sounds like Dusty is on the right track.<P>Let's hope he doesn't get to Hagerstown and get diverted to make a special pickup in Miami for delivery to Reading. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>hvs

Rick -<BR>I think that you are going to have your new baby for your anniversary tomorrow. PeterG, check this out - Rick has made 30 posts on this thread, which either beats, or at least comes close to, the record of Model A Hal and/or Rick Hoover on the tremendous thread awhile back re: exterior car prep and painting. Can you check this our, maybe he deserves a prize. grin.gif" border="0

Well... It is now 6:30 eastern, and I have bad news. The driver calls me from Fredrick MD ( only 1.5 hours away ) and tells me he is heading to Orange VA and one other stop in VA after that!!!! I get irate, but he tells me sorry theres nothing he can do for me. I conference call with him and Linda, but to no positive outcome. I offer to meet him nearby, but then he wants me to drive to VA and drive back, ummmm isnt he the transport driver? I thought more like exit one off of 83 or something. He cant even promise he'll arrive tommorow, and I promised a young lady I would drive her bridal party to the reception in this car way back in March! Customer service is DEAD!! I was told he would unload every car to get to me first, and yet another lie!!! I really am getting past the point of holding in my extreme displeasure with this! I really think I'm at my wits end here, ugghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!<P>Rick

I think we need to form a posse to head out and corral this wayward trucker the way that you roundup a stray calf. Wouldn't that be a site for people to see... a mutlitude of antique cars surrounding this one car laden semi and guiding it north along the interstate... while other antique cars block the exits to prevent its escape. <BR>And then everyone pulls up to Rick's house with horns blowing to deliver his overdue car.<P>Must be following this thread to closely.. gettng delirious......<BR> grin.gif" border="0

Hey heizman, I thought about what you said and you are entirely correct. If one of my old mopars or even my old firetruck was in noman's land I would not talk to any strangers that offered to help. No sir! No way! I would make sure that I only talked to card carrying and registered car club members. After all, If they don't belong to a fine club like yours you definetly can't trust them to help. Even if the offer is a genuine heart felt offer.<P>P.S. As far as being an unregistered user goes, if you don't want unregistered users try calling a web designer. After all it's just like one of your old cars, if you don't like the way it's running it must be time to fix it. Just make sure whoever attempts to fix the problem is someone you know very well--after all no one can be trusted if they're not a card carrying registered club member. <P>Bye for now,<BR>signed a family of seven<BR>4 old mopars<BR>1 old gmc firetruck<BR>& two people

Boy, I have been following this saga from the beginning and can't believe this guy Dusty and his sidekick Linda can get the car 1.5 hours from you and then head in another direction.... Who is running who, certainly not Linda. I like the posse approach. I'll bet we could "head them off at the pass". <P>Are you telling Linda about your internet audiance and how so many of us from all over the US and Europe are watching how she and Dusty and the other outlaws in her fold are conducting their business???? <P>So now, there heading for Terry's area. Large potential for posse action in VA. Maybe we should just start travelling with this Dusty person and watch his actions, or lack of, right to York, PA. It would be a new tour for AACA. Certainly one-of-a-kind!!! Interesting..... <P>Good Luck Rick, we're with you all the way.<P>Stay cool<P>Chuck cool.gif" border="0

Sorry, but you are all going under the assumption that Dusty is really 1.5 hours away or Dusty is even driving a truck with your car on it. Having heard similar lies when my Willys was delivered from MT, took almost 3 months, they will tell you anything to stall for more time.<P>Jim...

Kirk: You are just what we are looking for with the new DRIVER PARTICIPATION CLASS.<P>Relax. Remember the jist of the thread. Rick is a member in need, you tried to help, and, I am certain your input is appreciated. <P>If you analyze the responses, Dave Moon generated "Texas Transport, Ltd" out of Canada and I must agree, they appear to be too legit.<P>The bottom line is we are all in to restoration and maintenance for future generations. (Cannot take it with you...)<P>If you are interested: <P>AACA, BOX 417, HERSHEY, PA 17033<P>Regards, Peter J. pjheizmann@aol.com

hvs<P>Just doing my part to get us closer to that pg 4 mark grin.gif" border="0 <P>Like everyone else, I have become hooked on Rick's saga. Talk about a car transport story from heck. Makes you think twice about just going out and hiring any old transport company to move your pride and joy. If truck driver #10 is piloting a rig named Phantom 409, then we know for sure that things have taken a definite turn for the worse.<P>Here's my 2 cents (Cdn) worth on hauling advice. Two years ago, while at Hershey, I purchased my 70 Swinger 340 from a guy in Allentown. A restoration shop not too far away from my hometown had a spot in Green field so I paid them a visit and asked if they could recommend someone for me. They hooked me up with a guy out of PA who does some occasional hauling for them. The transaction rated an easy A+++. Moral of the story, when in doubt, the choice of the pros is usually a good bet.<P>I have also heard Reliable mentioned a few times earlier in the thread. A fellow car collector I know uses them to haul around members of his 6 Pack and Hemi "family" and they are definitely a first class operation. They were plan B if the resto shop wasn't able to recommend anyone.

Okay, Rick, only 4-1/2 hours away now! Just hang in there. So much for my going out to dinner tonight - that Chrysler should be heading your way around 7:00pm CST and I'm not going any where until I see the post saying your '41 has arrived to its new home safe and sound! wink.gif" border="0<P>Patty K.<BR>Wisconsin Region

Good Morning everyone. My wife, who is also a new card carrying member of the AACA, also says hi! Her name is Sue. She's holding up better than me at this point. Now for the interesting news of the day...<BR>Dusty has not called me as he promised this morning early. I called the 800 number to complain as usual, but no one is in. I did however get the machine and guess what??? The company has changed its name! They are now called MEADOWBROOK AND COMPANY. Beware!!! I'm ready to report the car stolen, I may do so today before 4pm. Thanks for the well wishes, and I'll keep you posted!<P>Rick

Happy Anniversary.<P>And I thought I was nervous waiting for my computer system to arrive yesterday evening via UPS. I'd probably would have had a stroke by now if I were you. You have the patience of a saint. As for your wife being calm, I'd keep her. My wife is usually calm about stuff like this, but she has been asking me if you got your car yet.

HVS, looks like you're handling the changes on the forum well. Forget the page 4 pool, I'll bet this hits 6 pages before Rick and Sue get their car. <P>Hello Rick, I'm one that hasn't been on this thread yet. Too bad you don't have access to GPS. Then you could find out exactly where the "BIG DUST" really is. Maybe you need to spew some CB jargon at him. That might be all he understands. Try calling him "Good Buddy" and tell him to keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down. Anything at this point may help(my shto at injecting some humor here). Many of us have gone through similar situations. Years from now you'll be able to chuckle about the entire ordeal,... even if it is a forced laugh. Anyway, Happy Anniversary to you and Sue.<P><BR>I wonder how long these other people have been waiting for their cars? Hmm...<P>Rick, if there's any cars on his trailer if...er, when the Big Dust shows up, see if you can find out who they belong to and you could let those owners know at least their car still exists.<BR>God bless you! cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

HAPPY ANNIVERSITY RICK AND SUE.....<P>The saga continues. I would support checking with State Police in Maryland and Virginia and see what they say. They might put something on the wire to look for the carrier with the collector cars. Another idea would be to get near an interstate, or have one of us do it, and use the CB to contact a friendly trucker. Maybe he might be AACA! smile.gif" border="0 Then have him do the talking up and down the East coast. Truckers in Florida and Maine would be looking for the transport. Then the "possee" would be the CB and shoe phone contacts back to you. At least you would know where it is based on third party observation. Just a thought, what do you think?<P>Anyway, enjoy your special day and don't let the car problem distract from it. <P>Chuck cool.gif" border="0

Hey folks, thanks for the well wishes! Dusty called me at 10:30ish eastern time. He said he'll "try" to be here between two and three today LOL. I can't wait to finally show everyone this car we have all been waiting so long to see. Dusty tells me the car is fine, but may need a good hand washing. Unfortunatly, I dont really believe anything the people in that company ( whatever its current name is ) have to say. I tried to watch Convoy last nite, but I couldnt bear it! I am considering writing an article about this ordeal in an upcoming issue of our club magazine, I'll find out who to contact at a later date. After that I think its full page ads in Hemmings and old car trader warning collectors to be wary of whom they use as a service! Thanks again my DF family, enjoy your weekend, and hopefully I'll have good news before page four!<P>Rick

<B>RICK AND SUE ---HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!</B><P>Howard & Judy Scotland<BR>Cheyenne, Wyoming<P>If Dusty shows up out here, you are really in trouble. But then we could always string him up and rescue your Chrysler.<P>hvs

Another Happy Anniversary wish from Father Ron and Sally. We had a bunch of the region members out today for a little touring and tire kicking. We also talked about this thread. If anybody wants to start a betting pool on arrival time, just send your money to me for safe keeping. grin.gif" border="0 I'll send the proceeds to the winner after I get back from my expense paid tour of England!!<P>Still waitin'!!

Here's a question for Peter:<P>Is there an option in any of the software packages involved in the forum to install a "forward to" button. What I mean is an ability to forward a thread posting to a given email address. eBay has this in their system, and it's very handy to inform your friends that may not be as eBay-savvy as you are when thee's something they're looking for up for bid.<P>The reason I ask is that it would be a very good idea to forward a copy of or a link to this thread to the email address givn in Texas Transport's web page. I think if they knew what a cauldron of hornets nests they've stirred up here (analogies are not my forte), and if they are <I> any </I> kind of reasonable business people, then they'd try to do right by Rick ASAP. <P>Quite honestly, this thread is doing them far more damage than even a stolen car report would do. Let's hope they'd care.

Well, it's now nightime in York. Either Dusty has shown up and Rick is riding all around town in the Chrysler and is too busy to tell us the latest, smile.gif" border="0 or NO DUSTY. frown.gif" border="0 I'm afraid it is most likely the latter.

grin.gif" border="0 Hey Rick & Sue it's 10:20 pm in Maryland and I noticed that the last posts were around 1 pm East. I hope that your anniversary was celebrated, in part, by the arrival of your '41 Chrysler baby. wink.gif" border="0

Hey Howard, I noticed that your tripometer is stuck on 699 posts. your last post on page three and this both read 699. <P><B>Happy Anniversery Rick and Sue. </B> <P>Would have posted this earlier this morning but was holding off to start page 4. I see I was too late. Oh well, at least I was off today looking at antiques (of the non-vechicular type) in Liberty, NC. Found a Sears brand record player for in a car. Unfortunely, didn't have enough $$$.$$ on me to get it.<p>[ 04-28-2001: Message edited by: novaman ]

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO RICK AND SUE<BR>FROM BRUCE AND DI<P><BR>Got the 31 Ford parked out on the front yard, cleaning for an event tomorrow. Can always start it up and be ready to particpate in that posse in a heartbeat...<P>Still rooting for you here in Maryland!<p>[ 04-28-2001: Message edited by: BruceW ]

anyone out there know what the record amount of responces to any forum commet is ? We must be nearing that amount if not already setting a new record. This sure is a hot subject and I can see why. Best of luck , bet "mother " is saying "I told you so "...

novaman ~ It appears that this program must automatically go back and update to the current number all of your posting numbers throughout the forum.<P>I have noticed it moving through the 600s during April so it wasn't stuck there. I just went back to page 1 of this thread where I made the 3rd posting, and that one is numbered 699. So I believe I am correct about the automatic update. cool.gif" border="0 <P>Now if I am correct this one should be #700 and so should all others made before it. Let's see. smile.gif" border="0 <P>hvs<P><B>Yep, It is as I thought. Everything is now 700</B><p>[ 04-29-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

What has happened to Rick? No report for today, Sunday, April 29th.<P>Did the car arrive and the shock was too much for his system and he has been confined to a hospital?<P>Or maybe it didn't arrive and he gave up and took the gas pipe.<P>Perhaps, being Sunday, he has spent the day in prayer and meditation concerning the Chrysler.<P>Hey Rick, where is you at. confused.gif" border="0