Buick Parts Interchange Manual Info Needed

pint4

Is there any chance that anyone would have an interchange manual and would be willing to check something for me? I am wondering if generators from any other year Buicks would fit my 33 Buick Series 60. I am hopeful that Buick used the same generator in 32, 31, 30,..... If so, I can expand my search!

Thanks.

Bob

I have both a Buick Master Parts list and Hollander Interchange manual covering those years. The Master Parts list shows that generator 956-B1 only fits 1933 (all series). The Hollander interchange manual gives the same information, except that it also says to "see #403", which is the generator for the 1934-35 Series 50, 60, 80. That one has the number 956-H1.

Hope this helps.

Is the generator on a 34-35 large series Buick the same as a 33 series 60 Buick? Might there be a difference in the mounting? Are they located along side the engine simialr to the 33 Buick generator layout?

Thanks.

Bob

The #403 is a line number that indicates that the item on that line number in the Hollander manuel interchanges with the item you are looking for. You can use the 34-35 generator #956-H1 from a 50,60, or 90 series car on your 1933

Buick. No modifications are needed.