Imagine...

noah_fexx

I was thinking it could be an interesting game/activity on here to think of telling everyone the 1 car that you would own if you could only have 1 (for some it may be possible, but I will probably have to just imagine). Feel free to add as many specifications as you want, I just did all I could think of.

I would say a '57 2-door roadmaster riviera, yellow exterior, black and white checkers interior.

Ooooh, hard one. I'd like to say my '41 Buick. After all, my father drove a '41 Super to work every day for years in the '80s. It's probably as capable as any old car in today's traffic.

But...

A 2004 BMW M5 with 6-speed and 400 HP V8 is probably pretty close to the ideal "having your cake and eating it too." I wonder if they made an M5 wagon? Mmmmm, wagons...

Good question, but only one car huh. Well I supose it would be a 72 Centurion Convert. loaded with all the goodies. Brown with a tan top, fender light indicators, power everything saddle interior with the chrome road wheels. Could ya get duals that year? Cause dual exhaust would help that big old 455 breathe a little better. But if I could have 2 cars---65 Wildcat convert, light blue with white top and interior, must have the 425 dual carbs. This was the first year for a glass back window so I expect it to have been restored correctly. That was fun---now back to reality.

That's a good question, like said, "ONLY ONE?" I already have 9 Buicks, 2 in disrepair, one with an engine out, one totally disassambled since 1990, and one in progress, not touched since '90. If I could have only one, that I don't have, would be a 1970 GSX white, with a 4-speed and A/C, then again I couldn't have only one Buick, it wouldn't be right! In the days of my youth, each grandparent had a '56 Buick Special,one bought brand new, and one bought in the '60s, and my parents' bought a year old Century 66R in '57. So what's a girl to do? Today there are 4 '56 Buicks in the family, my Brother has 2 a 4-door Century, he has been driving to work everyday, since April and a 2 door Sedan, 3-sp, and I have a parts car, 4-door sedan, and a 2 door Sedan. and all the others in my signature!

The car that continues to stop me in my tracks whenever I see a photo or a real car is the 1965 Riviera. Those hidden headlams and the crisp lines of the car just seem to be timeless to me.

Give me one in a medium blue metallic, the whitewalls correct for that year, chrome Buick rally wheels with the Riviera center caps, and an interior in blue pearl metallic vinyl, with A/C, power everthing, and man, what a car........

Since Detroit seems to be going retro crazy (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger) it would seem to be a slam-dunk if Buick made a retro Riv that looked like the '65. Put the supercharged 3.8 under the hood and you have the 21st century version of what it was called in the 1960's, a banker's hotrod.

The only problem I have with a car like that is it is too nice and special to use as a daily driver. Too many people running around here with no insurance and very little driving ability.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Guest ewing

That's a great question.

For me I have all the cars I would want, even a 47 roadmaster convert that I lusted after for all the years of my youth.

Now having the cars, the question for me becomes , if you can only keep one car what would it be.... I guess for me it would be the 38 Buick Special. Its not just the car ( I bought it when I was 15 in 1967), but so many good memories with it.

I would want one of the 64 Wildcats, Black with red interior, Bucket seats, power windows, A/C and a factory 4 speed. Unfortunately I thought I read somewhere that the 4 speed wildcats never had A/C. Still, you did say imagine

Well, after a long search I have my 53 Roadmaster Hardtop. Now it is time to find one with a red leather and black nylon interior. Isn't this the great thing about our hobby? The more we learn and the more exposure we have to these pieces of history, the greater the "dreams" become.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

In the Buick only category, it would have to be either a 70 Wildcat with all the goodies , 455, auto w/console,either siver or white with a black vinyl top and interior.

or.......

a 65 Riv in any color combination, any options and any powertrain as long as it doesnt have a green interior or vinyl top of any color.

Dan

Guest sintid58

For me a fully optioned Red 58 Cabellero, for my wife a White 70 GSX with A/C there are no other makes that would hit a one only list regardless how nice they are.