1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk Jet Streak Kit for Packard V8

Jack_Vines

This has gotten off topic on the carburetor thread, so thought I would start a more focused discussion. List member B.H. supplied this <span style="font-weight: bold">B.H.</span> quote from a 1956 Motor Trend:

"Studebaker's <span style="font-style: italic">(Packard-powered)</span> Golden Hawk is a pretty hot potato as it sits in the dealer's showroom, but so far has escaped the active interest of the race drivers. A recently announced kit for factory or dealer installation, converting it into a 'Jet Streak', may change all this. Boosting horsepower to 330, it consists of an Iskenderian cam, Packard Caribbean dual 4-barrel carburetors and manifold, dual breaker point distributor, and a special coil." (Iskenderian kit numbers for Hi-Rev series are 800-CBK-E4 and 800-CBK-P-55 or 800-CBK-P-66.; for roller-lifter series are 840-RRK-RR-2 and 840-RRK-505T.)

FWIW, I have put together two mostly complete above-described Jet Streak kits. Part of the collection ncludes five mostly complete Iskenderian cam kits for the Packard V8 - cam, solid lifters, adjustable pushrods and stronger valve springs and retainers. I have one P66 cam, two 505C and three RR2 roller cams. The P66 and the RR2 are streetable and an RR2 is going in my Packard-powered Hawk project. The 505C is a full-race 1800rpm idle cam and no one is likely to ever build another Packard supercharged dragster to put it in, but if you do, let me know and I'll be a sponsor. I also have two aluminum flywheels for the Packard V8

Does anyone have any other experience with Packard V8 performance parts from any other vendors? I have seen one Dempsey Wilson cam and kit and one set of Thomas magnesium adjustable rocker arms.

thnx, jv.