I can't get my back bumper fixed?!?!?

I own a black 1990 Reatta, which I love dearly. Last week I was rear-ended, and my back bumper was demolished. (it's crushed and hanging off) I just heard from the body shop - they say the bumper cannot be fixed. GM doesn't make the part anymore and no one in the world (it seems) has the used parts. I need the entire rear bumper assembly - they said they could get the bumper cover but not the rest of it, and they need the whole assembly because it's crushed and hanging off. I cannot drive the car the way it is - well, I guess *technically* I can drive around with the bumper hanging off but that doesn't seem too wise. The rest of the car is in excellent condition with only about 70k miles so I want to keep the car!!<P>This seems absurd - not being able get the rear bumper assembly? Has anyone run into something similar? I plan on calling around myself, but I thought I's post this in case someone knew of a place which did carry the parts.<BR>*sigh* My poor car frown.gif" border="0<P>~Carolyn

I have done business with Jim Finn and I am very happy with the quality, price and fast service. I still email Him when I need something

There was a rear bumper for sale on ebay about 2 months ago. It was located in Wilmington NC. You may want to search bank on old sales on ebay and see if you can find it and check with seller and see what happened to it.

Thank you everyone for your input! A little update: after posting here I called Eckenhoff Buick, which is right near me and the largest Buick dealer on the east coast (I am told) They said they had some of the parts the other body shop claimed did not exist! I called back the body shop and told them I called Eckenhoff, and they said "Who?" Since they hadn't heard of, or contacted the largest Buick dealer in the area, I decided I'll probably take my car elsewhere! Anyway, I also checked some sites on-line which seemed to have some of the parts I needed. I will probably move the car to Eckenhoff since they claimed they could get the parts. If it winds up they were wrong and can't get the parts, or if they are unable to get all of them, I will certainly contact Jim who posted here. Right now I am still trying to get a hold of people to get the car moved, find out exactly what parts I can and cannot get easily around here, etc.

Carolyn, <P>Since about 85% of all collisions involve the front of a car, finding rear end parts for your Reatta should be relatively easy. <P>If the dealer is of no help, have your insurance adjuster contact any of several people that have posted messages in the forum about having parts cars. If that doesn't work, have the adjuster call Speedway in Phoenix. They literally have dozens of Reattas, many with untouched rear bumper assemblies. <P>There's more than one way to get your car fixed, and since Reattas have been out of production for some time, there is no reason all of the parts must come in a box marked "GM".<P>Good luck!<P>Joe

You guys are great!! I called Speedway and yep - they had an entire rear bumper assembly!! It's amazing - here is a place which had exactly what I needed when it seemd like no one in the world had these parts new OR used. THANK YOU ALL! smile.gif" border="0 I'm calling them back now to have the assembly shipped out to the place repairing my vehicle...