Anyone know what company this would be?

Pontiac59

Scientific Operation - with a logo of a stick figure guy with a top hat, in red. That an oil company? Found on the side of a Stude pickup. I thought I had a better shot of the logo, will have to go up and take one because I can't find it on my computer. Wonder if it's Kendall Oil?

Truck looks to have been grey... if you look close you can just make out some of the top of the figure at the very front of the pickup bed (to the left).

post-33129-143137901977_thumb.jpg

If you know the year of the truck, and feel that it is a local truck, check with the library and see if they have old phone books that might list the business. If they don't then get in touch with the local chapter of the Telephone Pioneers of America. Many of the chapters have museums and they have old copies of the local phone books. Also, you might check with the local paper and see if they have papers from that year archived. The company may have placed ads that would lead you to the information you are looking for.

Let us know if you track it down.

I know it's a 48-5? Studebaker (they used the same cab into the 60's), I haven't looked at the grille yet. Odds are it is a local truck, so far of the cars there with any kind of owner or dealer info left I've only seen one with an out of state dealer badge on it.

I could have sworn I had a better shot of the little man on the bed, I would bet someone would remember him... given what guys pay for some of the old petroliana stuff, you'd think someone might want an original oil company truck...

Dave, I think you are right about it being Dandy rather than Danny. I looked and you can still see traces of white paint that looks like the top loop of the d. Also, look in the right hand, it sort of looks like a flame or flames to the left of the hand and something on the right side like the hand is holding something. Could it be a spark plug firing?