HELP

MY 90' REATTA STALLS WHEN I APPROACH A LIGHT. IT SEEMS THAT WHEN THE RPM'S GO BELOW 5 THE CAR STALLS OUT. THE STRANGER PART OF THIS, IS THAT IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE IN AWHILE. SAY IT WOULD HAPPEN AND STALLS OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEN I LET THE CAR SIT FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN IT WILL RUN SMOOTHLY. IT HAS BEEN DOING THIS OFF AND ON FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS. ANY IDEA OF WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Shoot, it dropped a line. Should have been "Were you going above 45 mph before approaching the light ? If only then would look for a sticking TCC first. If from any speed (lower) then look for a gummed up IAC. "

Hi Folks!<BR>Our 1988 Reatta, a daily driver has on the clock now 238K Kms and is a well maintained vehicle,an OEM fuel pump as well as the filter was replaced approx. this time last year, and the car was ok until now, as of last week the wife told me a couple of times that whilst she was at the traffic lights , the engine stalled and she had to restart the Reatta, which it did except when in motion and picking up the speed, it surges with power after 70 Kms an hour, so somewhere along there seem to be a flat spot.<BR>Once the car returned home safely, I invoked the Tech menu on the CRT, only to find that there were no codes! either History or Current,so I started the car last Sunday , and the engine turned and the car started , whilst it was warming up I thought to raise the hood and check what's happening visually, but the engine again cut out,my question is what do I do now ?<BR>Any or all the inputs very appreciated.<BR>many thanks Folks, and have a great day.<P>Prakash