generator seals

Guest 1929Chandler

Guest 1929Chandler

Hello everyone, Well I finally figured out how to get my harmonic balancer off without having to pull the 8 out of my 29. Now on to the next problem,

When I bought the Chandler, The previous owner said it had a problem with the seal letting oil from the timing chain into the generator causing it not to charge. So I figured out since I am pulling it off to paint the engine Might as well fix the seals. Now that I have it down to the seals. I find the seals to be two thin pices of tin about 2 inches wide with a small circle of felt like material in them for a seal. The one closest to the generator looks to be the right size just worn out. But the one closest to the timing gear is larger than the shaft. Looks to be the size of the inside race of the berring on the shaft. I can tell that someone has been onto the generator before. I belive that there is a piece missing or the wrong berring was used because nothing extends far enough out for the seal to seal against.

Anyone that has had their generator apart or a diagram of one I would appreciate any information!!! Also any information where a man might obtain such seals ? [color:"blue"]