A/C change over to 134A

I replaced My condenser today and someone asked how big a job it was. I think You could easily replace it in 2 hours or so. And Yes You do need to pull the radiator but it wasnt bad. I also converted it over to 134A. I replaced the accumulator or dryer and added the ester oil and put about 2 cans of 134 in it and so far it works fine. No problems with the computer and outlet air temp is about 48. If I see any problems with it I will let everyone know.

What kind of ambient conditions for the 48 degree discharge temp? Unless in the 90s for temp and humidity, this is kind of high.

By the way the 48 degrees was at idle. I havent had the need for air while driving to check temp. It should drop a bit.

Skip, I did the same conversion. I noticed that will driving at highway speeds my compressor is only on about 50 percent of the time. Is yours the same? I checked it by going into diagnostics and watching the "auto" light on the display. When the light is on, the compressor is on. I'm thinking the pressure switch may have to be updated. What do you think?

I havent checked to see if it is on. These systems do cycle off and on. Hence the name CCOT. Cycling clutch orifice tube. Thats how they keep from freezing the evaporators. But there can be a point where it is excessive. My temp appears to be ok so I dont really worry too much about it. I have seen adjustable orifice tube kits to keep them from doing it. I have never used one so Iam not sure how good they work.