Newbie,...Looking for Hydromatic Floor shift adapters??!!

Guest coaltownkid

Guest coaltownkid

Looking for info on stick shift adapters for older Oldsmobile Hydromatic trannies. Originally I was thinking of running a Muncie 4 speed tranny, but I cannot find anyone who has a stock stick shift bellhousing and flywheel so i can adapt the muncie to it!!?? I found one aftermarket adapter, but its way over my price range,...maybe someday soon!!??

I'm also interested as to if anyone out there might have any old car craft or any other vintage mags that show the automatic stick shifters for the Olds Hydromatic trannies?? Articles,...pics,...how tos, etc.??

Mine is a oldsmobile 1953 Rocket 88 303 Engine with hydromatic transmission and so I am looking for a newly made (or a vintage) floor shift adapter for my automatic hydro trans. I think I may have found a Mr. Gasket floor shifter as it has listed "49-60 Oldsmobile Hydromatic Transmission" as one of the transmissions it will fit,.....I'm thinking this may be a sort of universal kit they sell,....?? I'm using the engine, rans and rear to build an early 1950s correct traditional hot rod witha model A body. All help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Guest coaltownkid

Actually, I did. I called because i heard of the shifter called the "big Stick" that was for this tranny, but one,....they didn't have it,....and the guy i spooke to was rude and couldn't be bothered.

soooo,......that's why I decided to post here and see if i could find anyone with one for sale or even some info, pics, etc of one?? thanks

Jason

I remember reading some good information on the Hydro Sticks on the web a few years ago. It was actually scanned pages out of some kind of book. One of the guys on the Chebucto Olds mailing list directed us to it. Maybe it was Milt? Glenn, do you remember?

Run an internet search for B&M Hydro Stick and see what you get.

Paul

Guest coaltownkid

yeah ,...did that,...nothing!! I'm sure there are things out there,..beats me where they are though!!!

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm using the engine, rans and rear to build an early 1950s correct traditional hot rod witha model A body.

Jason </div></div>

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THAT <span style="font-weight: bold">REAL</span> HOT RODS DO NOT HAVE 350 CHEVY ENGINES!!!

The only other OHV powerplants that equal the cool factor of an early Rocket are Nailheads, small Hemis and Cadillacs, "maybe" a 283 w/6x2. Proper hotrods wouldn't use anything else! Built flathead Fords are another story and also too cool for words.

Once in great while, a guy in the Northeast peddles some vintage speed stuff on ebay. It often goes for insane money, but there is some choice stuff there. Look for oilnspeed.