Texas Road Warriors to invade Rochester

old-tank

Closing remarks:

2430 miles at 15.5mpg overall; 10% ethanol always decreased mpg by 10%.

Great show and great people, especially the forum members I got to meet.

Bill Stoneberg should get an award for always finding the best food and well poured booze and beer.

MiKe did not drown his sorrows about the judging thing...but he did give them something to swim in.

I did not touch a tool this year, but I did offer some advice to Scott Mich (standing with my hands in my pockets while he worked on his car).

Willie

Willie,

Glad everyone made it back to Texas. Sorry about that stifling heat. 15.5 mpg not bad for a heavy mid fifties car. My wife and I enjoyed meeting you and looking your rare a/c car over. Nice color scheme in my opinion. I'm not going to Seattle next year but Flint is almost a certainty.

Willie, Bill and Mike, nice to meet you folks in Rochester. The banquet did drag on a bit, but I am glad we had the time together we did. After you guys left, my brother and his wife left and my wife and I ended up with 10 door prize tickets and DIDN'T win a thing!! How do ya like that!!?? We had issues at our hotel Saturday night, where a fellow called at 4am and said he was the head of security, and told us he was coming up to investigate the smell of smoking that was coming from our room. I told we were sleeping and we don't smoke, he said he would be right up. I called the front desk and they said they would not do that and someone was pulling a bad prank. There was a lot of partying and loud noises all night so my wife and I didn't get much sleep, so being that we were up, we decided to head for home at 5am. Got home 3 hours later. I guess that was OK as we beat the heat,....our GS doesn't have A/C!! Maybe we will see you next year, till then, take care!

John and Jan Simonson - Neillsville, Wisconsin