Hot air from vents irregardless of temp control...

CReichert

Hi all-<P>My 90 coupe is consistantly blowing hot air out of the vents no matter what the temperature is set to. Advise I have gotten so far is that the "flap" which moves to let in either cold side or hot side of air input is not working. Does anyone know if this "flap" is pneumatically controlled or line/wire controlled? Is there an easy way to locate this possibly defective flap or do I need to grab the manual and disassemble the dash? <P>Has anyone had this problem or any other suggestions as to what it might be? <P>Thanks in advance-<BR>CTR<P>BTW- I ordered an accumlator for my 89 and am planning on putting that on tonight. My previous posts indicated a problem with an intermittant ABS light among other brake problems. Will let you know if/when that problem is cured with the new accumulator.

Guest wally888

I've had several door actuators fail but not the one you speak of. You can see the position of all doors, using diagnostics on 88, 89. On the 90?<BR> You might possibly access and change the actuator from below, left but 1st. identify and see, visually, if the actuator arm is moving when you change settings from A/C, vent, heat, etc. Manual has great pages on this w/ color of hoses, which hose has Vac. at what setting, etc.

my '89 coupe does the same thing and it is very irritable, as the door leaks very hot air even if the system is off. I had to drive with the windows down until I removed the glove box and found that the electric servo which actuates the door was 'stuck' in the far outboard position (the hottest). Steady inboard pressure on the servo arm was all that was necessary for the servo to work again. I don't know what the problem is, but I have been able to control the malfunction by leaving the glove box in the trunk and watching the servo arm. It seems to work best if I turn the climate control off before I exit the car. When I turn it off it returns to a position nearer to the inboard and is able to actuate the next time. I still cannot afford to reinstall the glove box, though. If anybody knows more about this problem, chime in please!

I'm sorry to butt in but I have a problem with hot air coming in under my dash on my legs and feet! It makes me crazy!!! I see no holes? It just comes in from under there somewhere! The passenger side is the same. Whats the deal?

Guest wally888

If you are getting the right air, from the wrong openings, you have a door problem. Most likely a door actuator. All are vacumn operated, 4 or 5 little hoses, different colors, fed through a vac distributor. Located-pass. side-rt. fr. corner under panel.<BR> If you have the wrong air incoming, you have a control/selector problem. Electrical!<BR>Or, I suppose a warm air door could be stuck open?<p>[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: wally888 ]