R414 Refrigerant

I've been getting quotes for R12 vs R134, but one shop told me about R414. Does anyone have any experience with this refrigerant in Reattas?

I have used this freon in the past but it is being phased out because of the high content of Freon 22 in it. The compressor manufactures have stated that freon 22 in these replacement freons ruins the compressor seals. My supplier is in the process of going to a product called Freezone. It sounds pretty good at this point. They claim You do not have to change the oil or the dryer if the system hasnt been open. I am changing 2 of My cars over and I think one is going to be done with this product. I did a search for freon replacemnts on My search engine and there is tons of info on all the differnt ones. Try doing a search for just freezone and read about it. It costs about 8.00 a can and I suspect the working pressures may be better for the computers on Our Reattas. I get My freon from 2 different suppliers and they both are dropping the small can sales of r414 or Hotshot as it is called

Skip<BR>My "Service AC" light has been showing up lately. Unless it is very hot (90) it seems to me that the AC is keeping it comfortable.<BR>I suspect that I need a slight charge. Do you think I can insert some of this freon?null rolleyes.gif" border="0

It is not recommended to mix freons. It will cause a lot less headaches for You if You dont. The replacements are pretty cheap depending on the amount of changing over You want to do.134A is cheap but most places recomend You change Your dryer. I bougt a can from Walmart for around 4 bucks. I am now getting ready to try a new onw out called Freezone. They claim it is a direct replacemnet and all You need to do is evacuate and charge. I am going to try it in My Daughters car since I am not going to do anything but charge it. By the way I know of People Who just topped off their system with hotshot and it cooled but I am not sure how good. Like I had said earlier the compressor manufacturers are claiming that the 22 in it is killing front seals.

I want to make sure I understand this switching of refrigerants. Can Freezone replace R-12 without any changes to the A\C system? If the answer is yes, I assume the R-12 would have to be purged first.

Yes that is correct. The only thing You are suppossed to put in an r12 system is good ole 36 dollar a can r12. Bummer Huh? If You leave an email addy I will send You a link to the site I found on this Freezone stuff. You are not suppossed to have to change oil or dryers unless Your system has been opened.