Supercharged reatta?????

I just purchased a 3800 supercharger with the short nose for the early 3800. I own a 1989 reatta and I plan on putting the blower on it. Does anyone know what I am going to need to do this or is this even possible? In my mind anything is possible so I guess this is just more of a does anyone know how question. Thanks for any help, Mike confused.gif" border="0

I was contemplating swapping the whole engine with a supercharged one and was hoping that the original electrical harness would fit the new engine. <P>I don't know what is necessary to mount the supercharger to your existing engine, but I suspect that at least a different intake manifold is required. The fuel pressure regulator-injector setup may need to be changed to the supercharged arangement fot increased fuel flow. Possibly the alternator mounts etc. <P>Also the supercharged engines had a lower compression ratio than the non-supercharged engines. So, I suspect that you may damage or destroy your engine quickly if you don't use premium fuel.

Ok, first let's clear few things up. The early (91-95) engines did not use a higher compression, I believe they did use forged pistons however. But in this case I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you stay on 91 or better. Second, you will need more than just the supercharger. You'll need the manifold, most of the accesory brackets and the all the fuel lines etc. As for the computer thing, the 91-95 engines used a PCM, if you have a 91 Reatta, your alot better off here. Otherwise to get the car to run properly, you will need to swap computers. Your car will probably run with the stock computer, but there's no real way to tell how good. If you need any more info just ask.

Since we are talking upgrades, I would also like to upgrade the transmission. I believe the transmission series was converted to electronic shift for the 92 model year. I know that GM makes a transmission shift control computer for racing applications. I suspect that it will work with any dual solenoid electronic shift transmission. <P> What physical changes were made to the transmission in later years? Will it bolt in using the original parts, such as the axles?

I have heard that it might twist the frame. Is there any truth to this? I don't see how 20-40 more horses (whatever it may be) could do that much damage to the frame.<BR> shocked.gif" border="0