Seatbelts or LATCH connectors in a 1957 62 series

GeorgiaBlue

I just inherited a beautiful 1957 4 door hardtop coupe 62 series from my grandfather. I need to have seatbelts (or the LATCH connectors) added to the backseat to accomodate my son's carseat. Is this something we could do on our own, if so there do we get the parts? Or is there somewhere we should take the car to get them added? Thanks in advance for your help.

GeorgiaBlue,

Congratulations! I am adding seatbelts for my 56 Cadillac. I am putting 2 in the back on 2 in the front. I am adding only labelts vice shoulder belts, but either are alright, and shoulder belts are safer. Even AACA won't ping you for adding seatbelts, meaning that you don't lose points in judging for having them. I forget where I purchased them, but make sure to match the interior color if possible. An online search would help. I know Kanter sells them but I don't care for the latches.

Best of luck!

BTW, yes, these are easily installed. They bolt onto the floor. Make sure to use manufacture recommended bolts/fasteners and make sure that the area isn't rusted and is strong enough to support the force on the fastener from an accident.