vedette bealieu & ramblers

redhededrebel

Hello everyone!! Can someone point me in the right direction to find info on these cars?? I know the Vedette was originally French manufactured, but was taken over by Ford I believe. I have what I think is a '59 model. Also, who made the Ramblers?? Was it Nash or AMC? Or are they one and the same? Thanks!!

I can provide pics if needed, just haven't had the chance to post them yet!

Rambler (beginning 1902) was the original product name of Jeffrey Motors, the company that eventually became Nash in 1917 (between the Rambler and Nash nameplate years they built the Jeffery from 1914 through 1916). When Nash introduced a new compact sized model in 1950 they resurected the name as a model within the Nash line. When Nash merged with Hudson to become American Motors in 1955 they spun Rambler off as a seperate make, and it became their only automotive product line in 1958 when the Nash and Hudson names were discontinued.

Beginning in 1965 new models were technically introduced as "makes" (Ambassadors, Javelins, etc.), although everyone considered them as models within the American Motors brand. Rambler production ended after 1969, technically still a "make" but really as a model line.

• 3 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone!! Can someone point me in the right direction to find info on these cars?? I know the Vedette was originally French manufactured, but was taken over by Ford I believe. I have what I think is a '59 model. Also, who made the Ramblers?? Was it Nash or AMC? Or are they one and the same? Thanks!!

I can provide pics if needed, just haven't had the chance to post them yet! </div></div>

The Vedette was originally a product of Ford of France, but the marque and its designs were sold to Simca in 1954, with Simca continuing the Ford badging through 1956.

Art

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...