half eliptical suspension frame / help ! we are stumped !

8BALL_olson

As Layden B pointed out, those are quarter elliptical springs. The regular, full length spring that we are all used to seeing is a half or semi elliptical. A full elliptical is usually seen on buggys and Horseless carriges and is two semis attached to each other to form an ellipse. JC

Yes. 4 cylinder engine with overhead valves (no cover, exposed rocker arms), at first no water pump, starter and generator an optional extra, rims did not demount ( no spare), neither the touring nor the roadster had a drivers side door ( just like the Ford), just plain transportation at a low price!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO!!!!!!!!! The Model TT Ford truck had a transverse half eliptical rear spring, SAME STYLE as the T passenger

Correctamundo. </div></div>

Correct!

Even the Model AA Ford trucks used semi-eliptical rear springs on the 1.5 ton versions (1-ton Express Trucks used transverse rear springs), which were cantilevered, with the front end solidly mounted to the frame by bolt and bushing, securely clamped in place to the frame in the middle of the spring, and the rear ends of the springs shacked to the top of the axle housing, the entire leave spring mounted so that the leaves arched upward. Model BB and later Ford 1.5 tone trucks used conventionally mounted semi-eliptic leaf springs, mounted longitudinally.

Art

Guest boettger

My educated guess is Chevrolet 1918 490 thru 1924 Superior.

The Transmission mounting is the same as on my 1923 Chevrolet Superior.

I believe the basic frame was the same on all these models. There were differences in the front axle between years.