'88 drivers outside door handle needed

alexhouston

Reatta's are the only car that used that handle. Reattas in '91 and Chevrolet used a similar handle on a couple of their cars in the late '80s but they did not have the extra mounting on the back side for a small switch that feeds the body computer ( BCM ) to control some of the functions of the lights, keyless entry and the security system. I do have a good handle and have them in several colors.

I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Guest EDBSO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anybody help me find a drivers door outside handle? Alex apinyoz@houston.rr.com </div></div>

secret.gif Been there done that and Jim fixed me up, you will be happy! dblthumb2.gif

Alex,

I received your first email and using the "reply" function I responded to your inquiry. Email does work best for me but I will try calling you today.

Back when the handles were available from NAPA and others I had them order one for me. In their books it listed the handle as only fitting a '91 Reatta. I had them get it anyway and it did not have the extra casting on the back to mount the small switch. The counter man also said that was the only one they ever carried. He said no one ever reproduced the ones for the '88-90 Reattas because there was too low of a demand. The '91 handle is used on several other GM cars of the era.