Jump to content

Does anyone need an oil change?


Skyking
 Share

Recommended Posts

Instead of calling J-L's management, it should have been the local DA watching the video, then run the video on the news, with the management doing the "perp-walk"

It really sucks the way 80% of those express service places give the other 20% a bad name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used one of those fast oil change places years ago when I had an 83 Olds. After leaving that place the car ran terrible on the way home. When I got back to my house I checked the oil level and found they put around 7 quarts instead of 5...........I swore then I'd never go back to another one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two years ago I had a oil change at J L in the Sparks-Reno area. As I sat in the waiting room the technician came in with my air filter and showed me how the gasket was torn. I had changed the filter myself before I left Wisconsin and it was fine then. They changed the air filter for about 3 times what it cost me at home. While waiting for them to finish my car another technician came in to show another customer how his air filter gasket was torn. Up until this time I had never had or heard of a torn gasket on an air filter. What are the odds?

Rollie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I often use quicky-lube places. I do however stand there and watch the whole proceeding from in front of the car (I tip the guy 5 bucks to make up for the discomfort of me hovering). I actually prefer this to leaving the car with my regular guy, as this way I know I got the synthetic oil I paid for, and besides its boring in the waiting room.

I have given up on changing my own oil, I have too many cars too little time and too little tolerance for the mess and inconvenience.

At the place I usually use they know me and are fastidious with my cars, and I have grown to enjoy kibbitzing with the lube guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...