Stalling Problem

91Reatta798

This one is definately a "going" problem and a stumper. I have an entire week off after today, so I will delve a little deeping into the engine than I have been. I will get the fuel pressure tested just to rule it out, replace some vacuum lines. The '91's definately do NOT have EGR's, so that's out. I am curious about the PCV grommet that Harry mentioned. I replaced the PCV valve within a month or two of getting the car. It seems the stalling started several months later. If that grommet was getting crusty, I may have disturbed it when I change the PCV and created a leak. That will be to check out. I will take a peek at the IAC O-ring also. I've taken that thing out and replaced it so many times I lost count. The ring has always looked good and in place, but it's easy enough to double check. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll get back to you guys in a week for a progress report.

crtnrds-

I agree with that quote, but nothing was worked on prior to the problem. The car was problem free when I got it and starting stalling several months after that. No engine work that I'm aware of was done prior to me driving it. I didn't do any work on it until the problem occurred. So, that puts me back to sqaure one.