1930 Buick 5 Passenger Coupe, Need ID Information

Guest littlegto64

Guest littlegto64

Hello:

I recently purchased a 5 passenger coupe body that was advertised to be a 1931 Cadillac. Based on the cues on the body, (Cowl lights, firewall, etc.) I believe it to be a Buick. The Fisher Job Number is 30122. Based on the job number, the body appears to be a 1930. Does anyone know the Fisher Job Number for the Buick?

Thanks,

Chuck Kendall

Do you mean that someone tried to make a "Cadillac" from a Buick? I am not an expert on the numbers, but are there no other markings anywhere on the car? It sounds like you just have a body with no frame, engine or drive train. Some photos should posted on this site might help others to help you with clear this up. You will also likely find the information on the numbers from others on this site.

John

Guest littlegto64

Thanks for the information. I am attaching a picture or two of the body. I have located a 1930 Buick 57 with a 124" frame that apparently was a field car. It has the front fenders with wheelwells, radiator, grille shell, engine and trans. It is missing all of the body with the exception of one door behind the dashboard, and the rear fenders, but the chassis looks sound and restorable. Am I looking at any serious fitment issues regarding putting a 68 body on a 57 frame. I know that I'll end up with what is basically a 58 body. But, I'm planning to use a 425 nailhead with an overdrive auto, so a shorter hood would work just fine.

Thanks,

Chuck Kendall

post-46600-143137897177_thumb.jpg