Packard Info Daily Update

Guest BigKev

The 1957-58 Packards have now been added to the Model Info Pages: http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/

Also we have begun working on the Pre-War model info pages. Currently the raw data is up there, but we are looking for help in tracking down all pictures for every model. For example the 1941 model year has over 40 different models. As you can imagine entering all the data took a long, long time. The preferred pictures are the factory renderings used in the advertisements and brochures. But the factory B/W photos will work also.

If you can help out with this project, then please let me know.

Also the 1899-1910 Model Years are up also. I started that way and then decided to count down from 1942 as the later Pre-War years are applicable to more folks out there.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Some more content for you Pre-War folks:

1938 Packard 'Six' and Packard 'Eight' Brochure

Now online for your enjoyment!

Thanks to Richard Taylor for the donation of this material.

Thanks to John Lawrence for sharing an original article with the website that he wrote about Packard's role on producing the Merlin Engine and how that affected the war.

<span style="font-style: italic">"...Unknown to most of us, an American automobile played an important role in the success the U.S. had in the skies over Europe. Here is the story of the automobile that saved the company, that made the engine, that powered the airplane, that won the air war."</span>

The entire article can be found online at PackardInfo.com

We have begun to start a universal Packard Directory of weblinks, email addreses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, etc of any related Packard Resources.

So if anyone would like to add any useful information to it then I encourage you to do so. Things like local rebuilding shops, vendors, media blasters, chome shops, cottage industry parts suppliers and things like that are wonderful additions.

We all have our own little black book of useful contacts. The idea is to supply and online version, where everyone can add, and share those contacts with others.

I have added a few of the National Vendors as well as all the PI and PAC Chapter information. Plus a few of my own contacts.

Also there is a "Users" section where you can add your personal contact information if you want to have a way for people to contact you. This of course is optional.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigKev

Now Online:

1955 "Torsion Level" Sales Presentation Letter (Letter from PMCC to Dealers)

Thanks to Howard Hanson for the donation of this material.

Guest BigKev

Now online thanks to Brian (BH):

<span style="font-style: italic">1955-1956 Parts and Accessories List

1955 Rinshed Mason Paint Chips

1956 Rinshed Mason Paint Chips

1956 Ditzler Paint Chips</span>

Guest BigKev

Now Online:

<span style="font-style: italic">1952 Packard Patrician '400' Brochure</span>

Thanks to Mike Grimes for the donation of this content.

Guest BigKev

Now Online:

(Thanks to Mike Grimes)

1951 Packard News (January Issue)

1955 Packard SAE Torsion Level Suspension Engineering Specification

Also thanks to Steven Kelley for sending in some original watercolors he painted based on the purposed '57 Detroit Packard clays. You will find those in the Packard Pictures>Show and Concept Cars area.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BigKev

Thanks to the donation of Dave Czirr, the follow content is now online:

1941 Dealer Information -

<span style="font-style: italic">This is the 1941 Dealer Information relating to pricing, specifications, colors, upholstery, accessories, equiptment, and factory delivery in the United States.</span>

1941 Trade Letter T-3047 -

<span style="font-style: italic">This is 1941 Trade Letter T-3047. This Trade Letter covers the Optional Paint Schemes and Standard Upholstery for the 1941 Model Packard Cars. This supersedes T-3025.</span>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigKev

Ok folks here are the latest articles that have been added to website:

Thanks to Mike Grimes for the donation of the following:

<span style="font-style: italic">1956 Smooth Safe Ride Brochure

1956 Executive Introdution Invitation

1955 Double Prize Winning Brochure

1954 Invitation to view New Packard and Clippers

1954 Invitation to Spring Salon

1951 Packard Accessories Brochure</span>

Thanks to Walter Haskins for the donation of the following:

<span style="font-style: italic">1940 One Sixty (160) & One Eighty (180) Owner's Manual</span>

• 1 month later...
Guest BigKev

Now online!

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">1934 Super 8 Owner's Manual</span></span>

Thanks to Dave Czirr for the donation of this content.

Guest BigKev

Small correction on the 1934 Super Owners Manual, it actually is the 1934 Eight & Super Eight Owners Manual. This covers models 1100, 1101, 1102 (Eights) and 1103-1104-1105 (Super Eights)

Thanks again to Dave Czirr for the content and the correction.

Guest BigKev

Now Online:

<span style="font-style: italic">1956 Axle Letter</span>

This letter was sent out Nov 2, 1955 warning all Packard Dealers that the flanged rear axle shafts produced by one of the vendors for 1956 Packard and Clipper models did not conform to engineering specification and could cause a shaft failure.

Guest BigKev

Now Online:

<span style="font-style: italic">1950 Henney Packard Brochure

1951 Henney Packard Brochure</span>

These brochures were produced by Henney and describes all the features that were available in the Henney Ambulance and Funeral Car.

Thanks to Mike Grimes for the donation of this content.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigKev

Now Online:

<span style="font-style: italic">1936 Packard 120 Owner's Manual</span>

Thanks to Charles Neuhaus (chuck) for the donation of this content.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BigKev

Now Online:

<span style="font-style: italic">1931 Packard Eight Owners Manual</span>

Thanks to Tom Malas for the donation of this content.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest BigKev

Now Online for you 1941 Owners:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">1941 Packard Acme Proxlin Paint Chips</span></span>

-Thanks to J.D. for this donation.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">1941 Packard A/C Service Manuals with STB & SC Updates (Including the memo about the use of Methyl Cloride during the war)</span></span>-Thanks to Dave Czirr for the donation of this content.

Guest BigKev

Now online!

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">White House Packard (A list of Packards used by various Presidents and staff)</span></span>

-Thanks to Dave Czirr for the donation of this content.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Jack and Jill in Motor-Car-Land</span></span>

-Thanks to Mal for the donation of this content.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigKev

Now online!

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Torsion Level System and Load Levelers on American Vehicles</span></span>

-Thanks to Mat, webmaster from the PACA (Packard Automobile Club Australia) Website, for the donation and sharing of this content.

• 2 weeks later...

Now Online....

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Packards Marine Engine ads from Yachting Magazine </span></span>

(Circa 1947-1950)

• 2 weeks later...

Now online!

<span style="font-weight: bold">21-22nd Series Repair and Tune-Up Guide

1942 Repair and Tune-Up Guide

1941 Repair and Tune-Up Guide

1940 Repair and Tune-Up Guide</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Thanks to Jay (49_DeluxeEight) for donating this content</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">1955 Build Sheet and Production Code Chart

1956 Build Sheet and Production Code Chart</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Thanks to Brian Harpst (BH) for his research, and dontaion of this content</span>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1928Packard526

I have the INFORMATION (Owner's) MANUAL for Packard Six Motor Cars, models 526-533 (1928 cars) as scanned data from an original manual.

I cleaned up the stains and other flaws that mar my original and have had made "working" copies to use for reference in the shop. I can supply these JPEG files on CD to anyone that is interested. The data is a faithful rendering and can be used to print a very good reproduction of the original. I would attach pictures of the result, but I confess I don't know just how to do that, except for email.

Pete Pflaumer, pflaumer1@earthlink.net

Guest 1928Packard526

Mal —

I have prepared a CD of the '28 Packard Manual and will mail it off to "bigkev" at the next opportunity. The data is in JPEG format and organized in a ready-to-print form. It is intended for double sided printing with two pages appearing on each side such that it can be readily assembled and stapled down its "trench", as is done with many magazines.

Also included on the CD a file illustrating just what the original cover actually looked like "as scanned", and another scan file of the cover on the printed copies. It took a fair amount of time to create the acceptable renderings as you can imagine.

Locally, Kinko's printed and bound quite satisfactory copies from my data.

I can send you a copy CD directly if you so desire. I will need an address however.

Pete

Guest BigKev

There is a new feature on the PackardInfo.com website called Service Index. This is a catagorical index to all the various STBs, SCs, SBBs, TL, and other service documents that existed in Packard land.

This Service Index allows you to quickly all related service infomation about a particular subject. For example, lets say you are looking for service information on Brakes on a 1955 Clipper. The Index will show you every service document that references Brakes as it relates to the 1955-1956 models. The service information extended into the SSB (Studebaker Service Bulletins). So Brake service infomation about that 55 Clipper may have been discussed in a 1959 SSB, the index will reference that. Also the index will point back to previous years service infomation if applicable. So if you want to know about oiling your Windshield wiper motor for that 55 Clipper, then it will point you to a 1948 STB on that subject as that information is universal. I think you get the idea.

The first section ready is for the 1955-56 Models and is built around all the tireless research that Brian (BH) did. But what we did was make it into a database driven feature, so not only does it tell you what Sevice document the information you are looking for is in, but then it gives you a link to the service document if that exists here on the website. If you have a service document that the website is missing, the please donate a copy so we can get everything filled in.

Brian has also commited to do the research on the 51-54 servies cars, and will help others with the previous years. So if anyone out there would like so help out

Please give us feedback on this new feature! Thanks again to Brian for all his research and reformatting to make this into a great new feature!

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hopefully we can get you to chime in over there one of these days! </div></div>

That would be like dating more than one girlfriend at the same time. Oh man, I can't handle it. blush.gif

But that doesn't keep me from Lookin' tho. laugh.gif LOL laugh.gif

Guest BigKev

Now online:

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Special 40th anniversary of the Packard, Automotive News Annual</span></span>

This is a very neat piece that covers Packard history up to 1940, is full of period advertisements. A must read for every Packard person. This was hardbound book that was personalized on the cover for each dealer to have in their showrooms.

Thanks to John Lawerence for donating this content which originally belonged to his father's Packard dealership to the website.

Now Online!

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Packard Engine Serial Number Reference</span></span>

This is a list of Packard engine serial numbers from 1899-1956. Hopefully this will left to provide not only a reference to those wanting to know if their engine is correct for their model, but also some basic information about all the engine in a quick reference. This is the first pass, if you see any errors, then please send me a note. -Thanks

Now Online!

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">1937 Packard Six Operation and Maintenance Data (aka Owner's Manual)</span></span>

Thanks to Howard Hanson for donating this content!

We are having a little "Content Drive" over at the PackardInfo.com website to try to fill in some of the missing documents from the archive. Here is link to the thread discussing it. There is also a list of the missing documents we are looking for:

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1652&forum=4

If you happen to have a copy of the missing documents and would be willing to donate a scanned copy to the archive, then please let me know. Also if there are any of the clubs out there (PAC, PI, AACA, etc) that may have a few pieces in their archives that we dont have listed, then a scanned copy would be appreciate also. All of this information is being used to help build the Service Indexes, so we really need this source material. Plus we would rather have this material digitized and available online for free for Packard owners to access, then collecting dust in a drawer some where.

Thanks for your help!

Now Online:

<span style="font-weight: bold">1940 Packard 160-180 Preliminary Shop Manual</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Thanks to Howard Hanson for the donation of this material. Also thanks to Howard for taking the time to rescan the entire 55/56 Service Manual in higher quality. That has also been updated on the webstite.</span>

Now Online!

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">1937 Packard 'Condensed' Shop Manual</span></span>

From e-Bay directly to your monitor! Enjoy!

Guest 1928Packard526

Kev,

To my everlasting embarrassment I have discovered an error in the <span style="font-style: italic">Information Packard Six Motor Cars 526-533</span> manual data I sent you for inclusion on this thread. Somehow I included two pg37-44.jpg files, but no pg36-45.jpg file. My error. This is a bit awkward if a complete manual is wanted. My attempts to add the needed file to this post have failed, so I will send you a corrected CD for making the correction on your thread.

Pete

Now Online!

<span style="font-weight: bold">1935-1941 Part List (aka Part Manual) </span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Complete and Revised April 1st, 1944 (634 pages)</span>

Also all the Exploded Part Plates from the Parts List have been added to the photo gallery for quick reference.

Thanks!