Grand National Judging - I am Confused Pages 80-85

59chevyguy

Lets see if someone can get me straight.

I earned my Senior in Virginia beach, which means I cannot try for a AGN in Dover. Correct so far? So what does the *** nean in notes on Page 80?

Also, in one area it states that a minimum of 380 Points are needed for a GN but in another 390 for a Senior Grand National. So if I score 391 in my first AGNM do I skip the Grand National Award and automatically earn a Senior AGNM award? I don't think so!

Or do I have to go through the graduated steps and earn a GN first if I score more than the 380 but in the following year I will need 390 or above to earn a Senior GN award. Correct?

Is the Senior Tab for a GN the same Tab that you get as a Senior National First Prize Winner? I know the AGNM Plaque is a different one than the National First.

One last question. Can you earn a Preservation in a AGNM as well?

Sorry for this long desitation but two of us are reading the book and coming in with different interpertations.

Thanks,

Steven

Correct..you need to wait until next year to go to the AGN

*** Is about the rules for the AGN Senior Award

No, you first must win a AGN First in order to win a Senior (just like the Junior/Senior programs)

The senior tab behind the AGNM First Prize plaque is blue instead of red

Yes, you always are eligible for preservation awards

Please read pages 83-84 for the explanation of points needed to win as in the First you have to be within 5 points of the highest car in your class plus score at least 380

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see if someone can get me straight.

I earned my Senior in Virginia beach, which means I cannot try for a AGN in Dover. Correct so far? </div></div> [color:\\"blue\\"] You are correct.... you will not be eligible for AGNM until 2007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what does the *** nean in notes on Page 80? </div></div> [color:\\"blue\\"] The ... on page 80 refers to the AGNM Senior Award that began in 1992.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, in one area it states that a minimum of 380 Points are needed for a GN but in another 390 for a Senior Grand National. So if I score 391 in my first AGNM do I skip the Grand National Award and automatically earn a Senior AGNM award? I don't think so!

Or do I have to go through the graduated steps and earn a GN first if I score more than the 380 but in the following year I will need 390 or above to earn a Senior GN award. Correct? </div></div> [color:\\"blue\\"] You must earn a AGNM First before you are eligible for AGNM Senior. Thus, in 2007, you can compete for the AGNM First. Yes, you need a "minimum score" of 380. However, you must be within 5 points of the highest scoring vehicle in your class..... see page 83. Example: If the highest scoring vehicle is at 395, you must score at least 390 to win the AGNM First.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Senior Tab for a GN the same Tab that you get as a Senior National First Prize Winner? I know the AGNM Plaque is a different one than the National First.</div></div> [color:\\"blue\\"] The AGNM Senior Tab looks the same... but the color is different!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One last question. Can you earn a Preservation in a AGNM as well?</div></div> [color:\\"blue\\"] Yes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for this long desitation but two of us are reading the book and coming in with different interpertations.</div></div> [color:\\"blue\\"] When in doubt....just ask! No Problem!

John smile.gif

Thanks to all that responded. We are looking forward to Kalamazoo, MI in 2007.

But, I hope the venue for FL is not in July. Humidity gets me very sick. How about in May before hurricane season? Just a suggestion. Probably been all planned already.

Steven