1957 chevy help

hi club members,

I'm 16 and my first car is a 57' bel air 4-door sedan. The car is mostly restored but needs a little work. I would like to know if any one has ever had alot of trouble restoring these beautiful cars or if I should replace some factory parts to avoid trouble. This car means alot to me and i hope to restore it into a real classic. And although some people think the tri-fives are a little over rated this car has alot of sentimental value to me as my first restoration and the car my grandma used to spark my intrests in antiques. smile.gif

flaccajunior, YOU HAVE PICKED ONE OF THE EASIER CARS TO CUT YOUR RESTORATION TEETH ON. ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED IS AVAILABLE EITHER AS A REPLACEMENT PART OR REPRODUCTION. THERE ARE MANY VENDORS AND SUPPLIERS OF '55-'57 CHEVY PARTS. I HAVE RESTORED 4 OF THESE CARS AND IT WILL BE A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR YOU. POST A PICTURE FOR US IF YOU HAVE ONE. IF I CAN HELP EMAIL ME MICK32CHEVY@COX.NET GOOD LUCK.

MICKEY

I agree with the fact that parts are easy to find for the tri-fives but i've been told they can get alot of little problems that you might not expect. I'am also interested in a 1960 chrystler saratoga i swear there is something in those old fins that gets me. if any one knows how to post a pic please tell me im clueless.

• 2 months later...

Classic Chevy Club wrote a book on restoring a '57 a few years ago, it is a step by step guide with many pictures to taking the car apart and putting it back together (all areas of the car). I used it when I did my '57 and I keep it in my trunk still even tho it is falling apart some. It is called "How to Restore your '57 Chevy". Contact Classic Chevy Internation and get a copy, 1-800-456-1957 or:

http://www.classicchevy.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=17%2D19&dept%5Fid=224

Good luck and take it one step at a time and one day it will be done.