Performance Upgrade - Engine Controller for 8v and 16v TC!!

For those interested in improving the performance of their Chrysler TC (both the 1989 Turbo II or 1989-1990 Maserati DOHC 16v models) I now have a performance engine controller available!!

This new engine controller increases peak boost, revises fuel curves and spark advance which results in a *substantial* increase in both HP and Torque over your stock engine controller. You must run premium fuel (91-93 octane) at all times. This is the single best upgrade you can do to your TC to improve driveability and response and it's easy to install!

Part number for 1989 Chrysler TC w/8v Turbo II engine and automatic transmission: RD-8v

Part number for 1989-90 Chrysler TC w/16v Maserati DOHC engine and automatic transmission: RD-16v

Email me directly for price and availability. rick@rdiperformance.com

Regards,

Rick D.

RDI Performance

Hey Jeffn-

If you intend on increasing the boost beyond 14psi then yes I would definitely recommend a colder plug. Anything under 15psi and technically you don't <span style="font-weight: bold">need</span> to run a stage colder on the plugs. That's usually the "threshold" boost for me....14psi. However some still insist on running a colder plug when raising the boost. Bottom line, if you need to replace your plugs it's not a bad idea to go a stage colder.

Incidentally, since we're on the subject: I do offer colder plugs and colder thermostats for those so inclined. In fact, I now have them available in a "kit" form with the upgraded SMEC. Price for upgraded SMEC, colder thermostat, and a fresh set of one stage colder plugs is $230 w/ core trade in. $350 w/out core trade. Prices do not include shipping. The plugs I send with the computer are the best plug on the market for these motors. They are the only plug I'll run in my TC's.

I also have larger throttle bodies, high flow mufflers, hi-flow catalytic converters, hi-flow (powder coated) fuel rails, etc..

Email with your needs: rick@rdiperformance.com

Regards,

Rick D.

"Your Chrysler/Maserati performance expert"

• 15 years later...

For those in California, the state's smog check now looks for non factory and non CARB approved engine controllers. Best way around is to change back to factory just for the test. Unless this controller has a CARB  (California air resources board) number then it is good to go in this state.

I might add, for those of you YOUNG ONES who have 8Valve TCs with a lot of miles and even low miles and engines that have not had the head gasket replaced EVER or in the LAST 10 YEARS, I would recommend that you think HARD ABOUT the wisdom of upgrading because higher boost increases both the combustion chamber pressure in your engine AND 'YOUR FOOT TO WANT TO STAND ON THE 'LOUD' PEDAL LONGER'.

Just a little advice from an OLD guy who knows better!

This in no way is meant to discourage any who have engines that are up to the additional internal pressures produced by the additional boost and the RPM you will be running these 'old' engines at.