"Toybox" trailer project (5)

Barry Wolk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too new, but it would probably work great. </div></div>

Got a better idea? I'm open to suggestions. I've looked at a couple of old semis and COEs and other commercial trucks and the old cabins were really too small and lacked creature comforts. You've met the Mrs. She doesn't take to discomfort well. Neither do I.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about this? (My kind of motorhome!)

Pictures1%20102web.jpg </div></div>

Now I'm seriously considering a classic Airstream motorhome as a tow vehicle.

Udate

6-25-2006

Found a store in California with a full bolt of "Beatnik". Bought 10 yards. My friend Dug came by and measured for drapes and gave me an education on drapery construction and installation. We've decided to have the pattern on both sides so that they look good from the outside, too.

340096_664_full.jpg

I'm getting ready for a test run. I'm going to load my '77 Town Car as a test subject. It's about 18" longer, but the same width as the Mark II.

340096_665_full.jpg

Before installing the windows I wanted to finish the polishing. I did about half of the remaining corrosion over a three day period.

340096_667_full.jpg

This is the last patch of corrsion. I'm thinking of leaving it as a badge of honor.

340096_671_full.jpg

The windows are scratch and UV resistant polycarbonate. The gasket is an Au-Ve-Co product used as a gasket for Dodge truck rear windows. I'll have used 200 feet of gasket and almost 3 full 4' x 8' sheets of polycarbonate.

340096_669_full.jpg

Every window opening is different so each framework is like a wooden prototype. The window frame up front is stained to match the bamboo and the frames in the back are painted matt black. The windows in the back will be framed in bright aluminum trim while the aluminum trim up front is a dull finish.

340096_670_full.jpg

The street side of the trailer exterior is now complete.

340096_672_full.jpg

340096_673_full.jpg