Katrina Reatta's in Gulfport Follow Up

shujaks

Barney,

As promised yesterday, here are the VIN's for the 2 cars I found in Gulfport.

1) 1G4EC13C91B906659 Maroon/Bugundy 16 way seats, sunroof, Wheels are good, 3 good centre caps. Firestone FT70 Tyres in good shape. The dash has been a bit mangled....

2) 1G4EC13C4LB903247 Red/Tan P. Seats. Dash is complete, Wheels good.

As stated previously, neither of these show any visible physical damage, nor any apparent water damage..... and believe me, after spending a week at the facility, I know water damage when I see it...!!!

There are 20,000 cars at the facility, so pretty lucky to have found these 2...

and most had water damage..... and since they've been there since September, lots have all kinds of fuzzy stuff growing in them.... and quite a "rich" aroma.

As stated by another member "ACV" is Actual Cash Value" which is the amount paid out by the insurance company, and bears no relationship to what the cars could sell for.... the insurance companies just want them gone....

As I said yesterday, if nothing else, the cars are worth getting just for parts, since they are in good shape....

The red '90 evidently has not been inventoried yet or???????? as it is not listed on Coparts web site.

The burgundy '90 may have been repainted as I see in the pictures the mirrors appear to be painted burgundy and the stripe is wrong and is not the original. The antenna is broken, one center cap is missing, and it looks like someone stole the radio out of the car because the broken bezel and ECC are just hanging there.

Guest wwollet

Well, how does a person get to buy these cars? Where is this place? and what conditions must be met to look at all those cars down there?

Bill

Copart is a national salvage auction company with sales facilities in most states.

To buy at Copart you must have a auto dealers license and be registered with Copart.

I vaguely remember a maroon water damaged

Reatta advertised for sale on this site but I was

unsuccessful in finding it. However, here is a

helpful site to help in determining water damaged

Reattae.

http://www.nicb.org/

1G4EC13C91B906659 Maroon/Burgundy (5/12/06 post)

#1G4EC13C91B906659 MA has not been identified

as a vehicle or watercraft affected by Hurricanes Katrina,

Rita or Wilma. The database is updated as NICB obtains

additional information.

1G4EC13C4LB903247 Red/Tan(5/12/06 post)

WARNING! #1G4EC13C4LB903247 has been identified as

a vehicle or watercraft affected by Hurricanes Katrina, Rita

or Wilma. For tips to help protect yourself from purchasing

a flood-damaged vehicle.

Regards

1989 White/Blue

Shujaks.. Where in gulfport is this lot ,I may want to to look at the two Reattas,am in Biloxi, so short travel, If they came from So. Mississippi they well could be two of the 4, that were owned by the guy that I sold my 91 coupe to. Hope not but,I know where the boat salvage holding areas are but not for cars, Thanks Hank.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The Copart yard in Gulfport is on Landon Road.

Go north on 49. Pass I10. Next left is Landon. Go about 4miles and it is on the left.

A really B I G field.....

Since it is a "dealer" only facilty, might not be able to get in, but then again, you might be able to talk your way in....

Guest F14CRAZY

I figure you could probably become friends with a shady used car lot salesman for some assistance

Copart is very strict on their rules and only register bidders are allowed to view the cars and only the cars that are being sold at their next sale. All other cars in the lot that are awaiting sales are not viewable by anyone other than Copart employees.

According to their web site they only are showing one Reatta and it is scheduled to sell this coming Thursday. Burgundy/burgundy '90. Looking at the pictures my guess is it looks like this car had salt water sprayed on it because it is completely covered in a white substance but the interior looks very good as if nothing got inside the car. On second look, there is white stuff under the hood so maybe it did get submerged.

Went to the COPART lot this AM, and it is a really!!! big field with cars, RV's, Trucks on every inch of the place.Could not go on the lot as others said, but did get to talk to one of the guys on the computer. There are 3 reattas on the lot, the Maroon/Bergundy goes on the block this Thursday a red/tan and one other think the last three of the VIN was 557 all are 90'sFor Jim Finn the "white" on the cars is relly a gray that was the residual silt/mud/yuck that was on everything on the Coast during the Surge/flood. I ran the VIN for MY old 91 coupe, they did not have it, but the data base mentioned on this thread earlier has it Identified as being a Katrina victim. So the other three the guy i sold the coupe to had, are also probably victims. For a possible 8 having been storm victims(One other, a blue one had been sold by copart. Sad day frown.gif

Two of the VINS are alreasdy on this thread, my old VIN is 1G4EC13L4MB 900687. if the 557 is correct it shows as having never been registered in the data base. dont have any idea of the others as I have no way of contacting the person I sold mine to. No phone listed, may be living in a FEMA trailer somewhere in the south. or as thousands have done left the area. I would not put them in the Demise column just yet, they may appear again as some of the "donated" cars have. If any one has an account with copart they can access the info from this and other lots in the south.

My intent is to add them to the database, with a notation that they were sold as flood damaged cars, so future buyers are aware of the cars' history, so no-one gets burned by an unscrupulous seller.

No doubt, they will re-surface in the future, and by entering thier "demise" in the database, everyone can find out for free, as many won't pay for a carfax report.