Paint Color Code

Guest C.F.Massie

Guest C.F.Massie

To Barney and anyone else out there that may know the answer, "What is the GM paint color code (complete factory number) for the Polo Green color on the 91 Reatta?" I'm not talking about the code on the build sticker in the trunk. Is it the same as the paint coding for the Cadillac Allante? I realize the painting was done by PPG reps at the Lansing facility but it should have a GM paint number so body shops can match it. I am thinking of painting another car this color and I want to match the exact paint number. smile.gif

I have 4 green '91s and am not sure what you are asking but can give you a little info. The cars were painted with a basecoat/clearcoat.

The factory paint code for green '91s is WA9806. This is the code on the bottom of the service parts label. This color was also used on '92 and 94-97 Buicks and Oldsmobiles 48, '92-97 Pontiacs 48 and '93-96 Chevrolets 48. They all used the WA9806 code. This info came off a can of PPG Deltron base coat. Their number is DBU 4457sc.

Cadillac is not listed on my paint can. You could go to an automotive paint store and look up the factory codes for the green Reattas ( WA 9806 ) and then look up the code for the green Allantes and compare the numbers to see if it is the same color. Probably not though as the can would have listed Cadillacs also.

Guest C.F.Massie

Thank you Barney and Jim for the info. I personally have never seen a Polo Green Reatta up close so I don't know if that shade is the same or real similar to the Polo Green on the Allante. I really like the Allante shade and I have a customer who owns a number of muscle cars and he is considering painting some a shade of Polo Green. I told him I know the Allante shade but not the Buicks or Oldsmobiles. I will go to my local PPG supplier and see what he has in the way of the GM code you both mentioned. I was just wondering if they were possibly the same shade. smile.gif