89 Coupe For Sale with 45,000 Miles. $6,500.00

I still have my 89 Black Coupe, Black Trim, Tan Interior For Sale. It has 45,000 Miles and is very good condition. All Options except sunroof. I posted it on April 5, 2001 for $7,995.00. I have since learned that $6,500.00 is a fair price. Car is located Long Island, New York. Kevinrambold@aol.com.

Guest wally888

Guess it's time for price wars! My 89 is still for sale, $5200, has 16 way seat, window tint, spoiler, almost new paint down to pinstripe, new headliner w/ only 1 burn hole, 131k, many parts replaced, all records since 94 (had 105k then). Needs freon and an A/C Actuator Door replaced. Also both headlight mechanisms need rollers installed, motors work fine. <BR> I am relocating from middle Ga. Must sell one of two 89's. Price is very adjustable!<p>[This message has been edited by wally888 (edited 04-17-2001).]

The car is as described in my listing: black exterior, black trim, tan interior, tan painted pin stripe. It has 45,600 miles. The car is in very good condition both inside and out. It runs well and the engine is very, very clean. There are no tears in the interior just normal light wear. The paint is in very good condition with one small ding on passenger side door (finger print size no broken paint) and a small touch up area on driver's side roof area between rear window and door window. All glass is in great condition, i.e., no pits etc. It has a full size spare on Reatta rim and original Reatta floor mats with no stains. Everything works. I purchased it as a second car from the local Buick dealreship recently. The dealer provided me with a receipt for a $1,400.00 transmission rebuild from 4/2000 and a used car warranty (non-transferrable, sorry). I also had new front brake pads installed recently. The car appears to still have its original rear tires. If I was to keep the car I would get new tires. I have to sell it because I recently purchased a motor home during a trip to Florida and I have no room in my driveway. Also, I have two small childern and my wife was not happy when I arrived home with a two-seater. It really is a good car. It appears to have always been cared for. I have had no problems with it at all. This car is ready for many years of enjoyment. I am sure I will someday regret having sold it. I have no scanner for photos but I can mail pictures. Let me know how you want to proceed. My phone is 631-653-4008. Thanks. Kevin R.<P>I have been able to locate the previous owner through insurance cards in the glove box. He informed me he was the second owner and purchased the car in 1990 from a Buick dealership on Long Island with 5,000 miles. That it was his wife's car. He also said he had no problems.<P>I have edited this message several times to add additional pertinent information.<P>[This message has been edited by kevin r (edited 04-17-2001).]<P>[This message has been edited by kevin r (edited 04-17-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by kevin r (edited 04-17-2001).]

Burkie, thanks for the thumbs up on my 89 Coupe! The Reatta is my daily driver, no show winner. But it sure does turn heads. I save the shows for my 40 Chevy Special Deluxe with 50,000 miles. (Inherited from my father). Now there's low miles!<P>P.S. I spotted a silver coupe this afternoon at Price Club in Patchogue getting new rubber.

131k for $5200 vs 45k for $6500 is not exactly a war. I have seen the Black 89. Looks like a fair price for the condition of the car. Certainly not a show winner.<BR>e-mail me with any questions.

Hey, maybe I should change my user name to "Reatta Price Policer" or "L.I. Price Buster"... or just plain D*&? Head. Whatever. You gotta be able to laugh at yourself sometimes. (As long as EVERYONE else isn't laugh at you TOO! LOL) Anyway... perhaps Kevin is flexible too? Looks like we just might get a little price war goin' here after all!!! smile.gif

Burkie I have already demonstrated my flexibilty, i.e., $7,995.00 to $6,500.00. Make me an offer I can't refuse and let the Reatta remain on beautiful Long Island!

Guest wally888

Kevin don't know flexible!<BR> Last year I tried to sell this car for $5750, turned down $5200, later dropped price to $5200, turned down $4900, later dropped price to $4500, now want $5250, but flexible!

Yikes! I don't like the sounds of that math. Should have taken the $5,200.00<BR> My car is real clean, no burn holes, low miles and everything works. If I can't sell it for a reasonable price I'll just make room in the driveway and drive it for the next 100,000 miles. (No more leases for me!) <BR> I checked out autotrader.com last night (158 Reattas For Sale). My asking price buys a 100,000 mile +- Reatta. <BR> I feel my price is fair. However, I'm a pragmatist, and I'll always consider a reasonable offer.<BR> Life goes on. Reatta, Reatta, Reatta (A phrase my wife came up with, sort of like yadda, yadda, yadda)<BR>Good luck and talk to ya' soon. Kevin R. <p>[This message has been edited by kevin r (edited 04-18-2001).]

Tomorrow the Black 89 Coupe (and the 40 Chevy Special Deluxe) hit the show circuit here on Long Island. Sort of like a dilettante ball for the 89 Coupe.I'll let you know how her pedigree holds up. Happy motoring to all. K.R.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wally888

May have won the war? Sold 89, 131k, w/ spoiler, window tint, new headliner, 16 way seat - $4.7k!

Not so fast. I sold my house this week (in contract anyway) and am buying one with a looooonger driveway (and garage) in Coral Springs, Florida. So I get to keep my low mileage Reatta. (No fire sales anymore). And even better, the Reatta becomes one of those low mileage Florida cars; and I also get to keep participating in this discussion. So I guess I win! <P>Wally, I almost forgot. Excellent work! Keep raising the values on those Reatta! And don't put the money in NASDAQ.<P>Burkie, FYI, it was at Hagerman. I also got a participation trophy on Sunday at Mastic Beach. This week off to Saint James for another!<p>[ 05-03-2001: Message edited by: kevin r ]

Guest wally888

Kevin, somebody will always top your story!<BR> I, too, have a contract on my house. Became too much to keep up. 3/4 acre natural pond w/ everything but alligators. Beaver, nutria, owls, 24" bass, kingfishers, lots of Heron visitors, lots of snakes......<BR> I found a house in Snellville, near Atlanta, w/ a 2 car garage + a boat garage in the basement. The bonus room over the double garage was 32 ft. long.<BR> Unfortunately, before I could get a contract, my wife figured it all out!<BR> My plan was finally to have 2 garages for my 2 cars, a bonus room w/ big screen T V......<BR> Now looking for a house!

Good luck finding that house. We're flying into Ft. Lauderdale next week to pick out our new dream home. What's this about alligators and snakes down there? Yikes!

Guest wally888

I understand there is a great house for sale at 730 13th Ave, Vero Beach.<BR> My buyer! He is ready to move, me to.