WTB: Glass and letters

jmtrewet

Good morning all --

My 1989 Blue Reatta sustained minor damage a while back after being struck by an airplane (short story, not that exciting...runway incursion, not in-flight accident). Damage was confined to scuffing the hood and roof but not before it punched a hole in the very top edge of the windshield. Problem now is that finding replacement glass has proved more difficult than imagined. If anyone knows of a source for replacement glass or location of a windshield in great shape, sans hole at the roof line, I would love to acquire it and would appreciate any help you can provide. Also, over the course of time, I have lost the "U" and the "K" from my tail-light letters. I would love replacement letters if they are available somewhere. I've also thought about removing the remaining letters and painting all the indentations dark but I'm not sure that would add anything to the aesthetics...anyone know of any Reattas with painted letters on the light rather than the metallic ones Buick installed? Finally, the entire tailight assembly seems to have perma-fog. I had it buffed one time and that seemed to help bring some luster to it -- for about 10 minutes -- but did nothing for the foggy condition or even a longer term brightness. Does anyone have a fix for this? Is it still possible to buy the entire assembly from GM and have it treated so it doesn't fog and become dull? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

For the windshield and the letters try:

Jimm Finn jfinn@cpinternet.com

Mike orders@buickreattaparts.com or (480) 239-2788

On the subject of taillight hazing:

Buy a product called Aeroshell Flight Jacket Plexicoat. It is a product made for polishing the plastic windshields on aeroplanes. In ten minutes your tail light should be crystal-clear and will stay clear for at least a few months, longer if you garage your car.

Buy Plexicoat Here

Guest F14CRAZY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy a product called Aeroshell Flight Jacket Plexicoat. It is a product made for polishing the plastic windshields on aeroplanes. In ten minutes your tail light should be crystal-clear and will stay clear for at least a few months, longer if you garage your car.

Buy Plexicoat Here </div></div>

I think he's had enough bad luck with planes already

When I am in my plane I always try and avoid objects on the ground and other aircraft in the air although one time putting it back in the hangar I put one little scratch in the wing tip.

I have some windshields but am located in Duluth MN and will not ship one because they are so fragile. I also have the letters for the taillight.

I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Jim --

I sent you an email earlier about the windshields. I'm not that far away and you, apparently, have an airplane....if I cover 100LL will that give me a windshield? I'm in southern Iowa half-way between DSM and OMA (at AIO) -- or, if I fly up will you credit me for the 100 LL I have to burn? (33g/hr).

Reatta damage occurred while it was parked in front of my hangar and I was away in the airplane...another guy was turning onto the ramp to the hangar across the way and drug the wing over my hood, windshield and roof.

Thanks

Then the "other guy" should step-up and replace whatever HE broke when he collided with your collector car!

If he were to hit it with his car, that would be the case, why not with his airplane?

Just because a car is parked where one does'nt expect it to be does not make it a "free target" in any case. When was the last time you saw a car parked in your way, and you thought "I'll just hit it!" ??

He stepped up and agreed to finance the repairs. Neither he nor I have been able to find a source for the windshield until this post (thanks). the fender, hood and roof are all repairable but that hasn't been done yet because the windshield has to come out to fix the roof....it has a hole punched in it at the roof-line...and it is not likely to come out intact or re-usable. I actually don't mind the hole and am still driving the car but it's not nearly as appealing driving it with fixed sheet metal and no windshield.