Molding retaining clips

Roadster90

Need some front roof post interior trim molding clips....can someone provide some leads on replacements please? I have the trim back up with velcrow, but it is still loose and would like to have it secured properly.

thanks,

Nic

Nic,

About 1/2 the time when removing the pillar covers the top holder for the clip/insert on the back side of the cover will break. If when you remove the cover, and the holder area breaks, and you find the piece, it can be glued back together. The clip itself never comes out of the pillar without breaking. You can get some of the small plastic push-in fasteners at an auto parts store and then trim if necessary the wide end to fit into the slots on the back of the cover. These will then push into the hole in the pillar.

This has been a crazy week, Nic, and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner on the pieces for the portfolios. Send me another email telling me if you have found any of the items you needed and I will check to see if I have any you still need.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for replying. The clips you purchased at Lowes are great for the outside molding that runs horizontally on the cars body. The clips I am looking for are for the interior A frame trim molding (On the inside windshield posts). Again, thanks for the reply.

Guest mgibson

Nic, I found these work well. Go to the NAPA store and get part number 665-2393, Trim Panel Retainers. This is a bag of 15 pieces sold under the "Balkamp" brand. Trim the shorter feathered part on one side (or both if needed) of the retainers with a utility knife so they will push into the slot.

Martel Gibson