1990 Reatta Convertible for sale

Bev

I have a 1990 "Select Sixty" Reatta Convertible for sale. 32,400 mi. I thought this forum would be a good place to start for a possible sale or info on how to go about it. It has a white exterior, white leather seats, red trim. In excellent condition.

post-45963-143137893948_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the "Wonderful World of Reatta" Bev!

Please attach a photo of your Reatta to each of your replies, so everyone here can see what a fine example of automotive artistry it is.

Your initial post did not give a description. What color car/top/interior/wheels?

Does it have the factory CD player? Or the 16-way seat, w/switches on the side of the seat?

Are you the original owner? Do you have any complaints about your car?

Why do you want/need to sell it? Where is the car located?

"Inquiring minds want to know!" (see attachment of forum group photo)

post-38921-143137893953_thumb.jpg

I'm going to try and attach these photos. If it doesn't work, I may need to get an email address for you so that I can attach the photos. I am new to this website and it's format....I'll send more details once these photos go through.

post-45963-143137893967_thumb.jpg

Bev. Would you please send me the vin number of your car? I have 61 of the 65 built listed on the Reatta database and am looking for the remaining 4 cars.

Even if I have your vin number, I like to add the state, mileage etc to the listing.

You can view the database at www.reatta.net

Are you aware that the Buick national meet will be held in Rochester MN this July? If you have not sold the car by them you might want to consider bringing it to Rochester July 12-15. There will be lots of Buick owners there and quite a few Reattas.

Nic... first you must have Excel (or know lots about computers) down load the file and sort.

That may not tell you what you want because we do not know the owner or mileage on all the cars. Someone with CarFax could run the unknown owner cars and get the mileage of the last transfer, that would also tell us the state, but not much more.

Phil, her post was edited from "limited edition" to "Select Sixty" after I had replied, asking the colors/options.

I know which color(s) most of them are, but it could have had blue details in the interior. At the time Bev first posted, there was no mention of color(s).

Thanks anyway!

Sorry about the delay in getting this new information posted. I have been out of town and just got back today. The VIN # is 1G4EC3316LB904699. I have not yet determined a price, but will entertain offers. The car is in St. Paul MN.

Guest Ranger

Bev,

You may want to go to the "Main Index" area just above these messages, just to the right of that click on "My Home" you should have a message.

I need some of you folks to tell me what it's worth. I've heard ranges from $16,000 to $34,000 over the last 3 years so it's difficult to set a price. I'm ready to sell so I'll look at any offers.

This is not gospel and some will disagree to both the higher and lower sides.

Before going further, I am talking very good to excellent cars, not car needing thousands to make them like new..........

* 1990 Reatta convertibles with 100K are presently in the $5,000 to $8,000 range

* 50K convertibles are in the $7,000 to $13,000 range

* convertibles with less than 10K are usually over $18K ..some in the mid

$20,000's

* A 32K convertible should be in the $12,000 to $16,000 range.

* A Select Sixty convertible will probably demand a 20% premium.

Why is there a range? Two identical mileage cars can be at opposite ends of the range because... * an unattractive color combination, * Options, does the car have 16 way seats and/or CD player? some buyers want everything, others don't care. * Was it a northern or southern car? All cars ads today say the car was "never driven in rain or snow", how do you know? I am cautious of northern cars. * Does the car come with documentation? * Is the Owners Portfolio complete?

A Select Sixty is nice but it is better if it has the dealers letter from Ed Mertz and any other documenation about the car.

You also need to remember unique interior parts for a Select Sixty are going to be extremely hard to find if they need replacement.

Finally, some will argue that the 1990 Select Sixty is the rarest Reatta, in fact I wrote such an article for the Bugle. It is definately the rarest 1990 Reatta convertible, and the Mertz letter documents the number built. However there are several 1991 convertibles that are even rarer from a numbers standpoint.

First there are the five 1991 convertibles made with white interior. There were 2 made with the red trim and three with blue trim. Four of the five were white exterior. The rare car is 900561, a Maui Blue convertible with white seats and blue trim, it is the only non-white car made with white seats.

Next, only 5 grey '91 convertibles, 4 with grey interior, 1 with blue

only 13 maroon '91 convertibles, 10 had tan interior, 3 had grey interior

Next, 22 Maui blue convertibles, I don't have the interiors broken down.

I hope the above gives you some idea how difficult it is to put a value on one of these limited production cars. While there were only 21,751 total Reattas made in 4 model years. All of them are rare compared to the fact that Ford make that many F150 trucks a month.

When you look at year, color combinations, and options...some of these will always have a higher demand ($$$) than others.

What's your opinion?

Guest wwollet

Bev:

There is a 1990 blue convt with gray interior on ebay today (4hours left)....its mint......there has been 23 bids and its setting at $15,000....but it hasn't met reserve yet....so the owner wants more...the mileage is 19k. I have tracked these 1990 Convert on ebay all year and never seen one over $20,000.....but I didn't look at any either... so who really knows when a person advertises it as mint...this car is fully orginal except for a pair of Buick mud flaps on the rear...

That car is a gunmetal gray specimen with a build number of around 50 I think (give or take a few...I think a few)and is well worth every penny of 15 k or more. I would be a player if it wasn't in BFE. With the description, 19k on the clock, and the pictures that are presented on ebay I would consider it very close to mint...the drivers seat has a tiny bit of wear which is to be expected.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would consider it very close to mint...the drivers seat has a tiny bit of wear which is to be expected..... </div></div>

Close only counts in hand grenades, and a few other explosive devices.

Mint is Mint, museum quality, like an uncirculated coin.

This IS an Excellent condition car, yet NOT Mint, still highly valuable, yet not as valuable as a 1991 Reatta convertible in similar condition.

Consider the Buick Grand National line for a moment.

Early GNs are great muscle cars, yet the big money is in the last model year cars - the GN-X, which is valued over $60k. Many sellers/buyers are confused, and think thier early GN is worth as much. Not so, as the earlier GNs are valued @ $12k. Reattae are similar in this aspect, not that they pull prices over $60k normally, (one '91 convertible sold for $67k), but that the few with high value makes others think an "average" Reatta holds a value like the Select Sixty, or the '91 drop-top. This can cause some to ask toooo much, and others to pay toooo much, for the wrong model, or year Reatta.

You have a very special car, Bev!

Considering the GN, I once went to a major meet at Dennis Kirban's north of Philly. Had never seen so many "government cars" in a row. Personally would rather have a GSX than a GNX.