What is in The Black Leather Case?

Gryphon

I just traded in my 90 coupe on a 90 convertible today, making this my third Reatta. This one has 98k miles on it, and the nifty black leather case. What should the contents of this case be? I want to figure out what I am missing. For instance, it has the plastic case for the emergency keys, but not the keys themselves.

Also, it seems to me that we should be able to determine the identities of a lot of the Reatta builders if we were to build a database of the signers of the "Craftsman's Log."

The black zippered case contained the following items

a flashlight, an ink pen, a tire guage, a plastic door key, a note pad, the owners manual, a Buick booklet called "lets talk, Buick roadside assistance guide booklet, a booklet called Reatta A Handcrafted Buick,a Reatta road atlas, General Motors Maintenance schedule for passenger cars, a post card to order an engraved nameplate for the front of the zippered portfolio,The Reatta craftsman's log, and last but not least the directions for lowering the Reatta Convertible top if it was a convertible.

A lot of stuff for a small package. It is fairly rare to find all of the parts still intact.

Early 1990 cars can with the same style black leather folder as the 1988-1989 cars. This case did not have a zipper and was about 5 1/2 X 8 1/2. They only contained the owners manual and a pen.

Sometime early in 1990 production they changed to the "Owners Portfolio" which is the larger, zippered leather unit. The size is 8 3/4 X 10 1/2 and contains all the stuff listed in booreatta's post above.

I have owned some Reattas that had both. It seems that when the change was made, Buick sent the dealer the new version for the dealer to put in the car or give to the owner. So some cars had both (not from the factory)

Also what we know about the "Craftsman Log"

When the dealer received the car, the Owners Portfolio was in a sealed bag and did not contain the Craftsman Log. In the window of the Owners Portfolio was a red sign that read "ATTENTION DEALER, Please locate the craftsman's signature log in Reatta locking storage compartment behind the passenger seat, insert log here, in place of this sheet, prior to delivery" The dealer was to place the Craftsman's Log in its proper position and add the salesmans business cars to the slots in the Portfolio.

I was originally skeptical that the logs were real, I thought that they were printed ahead and placed in the car for affect. Back in 2003 at the Reatta Reunion in Flint, we got the real story from people that worked on the cars and the people actually signed the cards.

About the same time I ask Reatta owners to send me the names and as it turned out the names do change. While there are only three or four different ones at the most for an operation, some operations only had two different names. I may still have that info, but if anyone want to start the project over and maybe attempt to contact the people, be my guest.

Guest F14CRAZY

Of the 4 Reattas we've owned, we haven't had one that had The black case. My coupe did have the small one with the owner's manual, but no craftsman log