1991 reatta

I am the proud owner of a 1991 reatta for 5+ yr,s but i have one problem i can not locate power steering pressure switch it seem that it was moved to a different locatin than on the 88-90 my a/c diagnostics tells me that to go to the ps pressure switch for my a/c keeps cutting out but i can not locate it on the power steering rack Thanks any help on this would be greatly appreciated, before i loose it jim<BR>

If you are looking at Chart 1 (section1C-14) it shows a power steering switch feeding a signal to the ECM...... however there is no switch shown in the 1991 service manual.<P>I have also looked in the the '88 and '90 service manuals under power steering and there is no switch shown. I don't know if the switch actually exists on the earlier models.... I would think it would be on the<BR>pump .... the only reason I can think of for the switch is to tell the ECM that the engine is running or possibly this is a signal that a belt has failed. Don't know the answer.<P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Are you sure you are not talking about the pressure side pressure switch for the AC? There are high side and low side temperature sensors and a high side pressure sensor for the AC. I had the high side temperature sensor fail and the system went nuts. The diagnostics pinpointed the problem. After I told the dealer what to replace they went ahead and replaced the body computer and pressure sensor and NOT what I told them. Of course they ripped me and hadn't fixed the problem. The car had to go back in with me screaming at them, then they fixed it right.

I can't say if the 91 had a P/S switch. I did not see anything on it. If it did have one it should be on the P/S rack by where the lines conect.<P>Tom