rear brakes???

nyyanksdj

On the 1990 Reatta, does the rear brake caliber get push in by a c-clamp or is it twisted or turned on the caliber head to get it to fully closed position? The rear caliber has four slotted spots on the caliber head. They look as thought it might have to be turned to get it to the fully closed position.

You need a special tool to screw the piston back in. There are a couple of styles. The one I have is just a cube that works on most pistons. On mine you use a 3/8 drive ratchet and push while turning. The better ones use a clamp to put pressure on while screwing it in.

They rear brakes are a real adventure in getting them on right and not rattling.

If you are going to replace the rear caliper or even the pads. Buy LOADED remanufacturer caplipers. Otherwise you have a hard time getting the hardware.

You turn the piston ? I just applied some pressure and unscrewed the e-brake screw. Piston went right in.

Good thing I didn't know since I don't have a cube.

Not turning the piston may be why my rears don't seem to rattle, I understand there is one way the piston must be rotated (one slot is wider than the others).