1948 Chrysler Windsor coupe

preston

Hi guys, brand new here to this site. I recently came across a 1948 Chrysler Windsor coupe that is for sale. it is only about 5 miles from me. The car is complete and running with the original drive train there is no damage and no rust. It appears that everything is there and all original. I would like to know if this particular year and model would be considered desirable? Thanks for the help Bob

Guest De Soto Frank

Hi Preston !

This car is probably going to be "desireable" mostly to Chrysler enthusiasts, but "we" do exist...

Generally speaking, the "fewer the doors" , the more "desireable" a mid-century car is; so the coupe is probably near the top of the "desireable" list of '46-'48 Chryslers.

Is it a "Club Coupe" with rear vent windows and a full back seat, or a "Business Coupe" with no quarter-windows, and no back seat ?

If it's together, intact, and restorable, it's a good candidate for a restoration or "driver" project.

These are nice-running, nice-driving cars when they're in good repair.

Mechanical parts are fairly avilable...

cool.gif

Guest leadsled1953

very nice car,of course i like old mopars.older mopars seem to be good buys still.parts are still around.any pics. cool.gif

Hi Frank, thank you for responding to my question. It has the back seat and i just learned that it is a highlander model with plaid interior. Make sense? I am hoping to see the car again tomorrow. Thanks again. Bob

Guest De Soto Frank

If the Highlander seats are in decent shape, that helps the value. If they have to be re-done, that'll be a little more expensive.

Check for rust:

Gravel-pan in front of radiator

Insides of rocker panels.

Front floor

Frame-to-Body brackets

Trunk floor

Trunk floor at opening (where the latch mates)

Front Fenders, just ahead of door (skin rusts-out over top of the brace)

Good luck !